Office on Violence Against Women, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women (OVW) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until January 25, 2021.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Written comments and/or suggestion regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to Cathy Poston, Office on Violence Against Women, at 202-514-5430 or Catherine.email@example.com.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Semi-Annual Progress Report for Grants to Reduce Violent Crimes Against Women on Campus Program (Campus Program).
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: 1122-0005. U.S. Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: The affected public includes the approximately 100 grantees (institutions of higher education) of the Campus Program whose eligibility is Start Printed Page 75038determined by statute. Campus Program grants may be used to enhance victim services and develop programs to prevent violent crimes against women on campuses. The Campus Program also enables institutions of higher education to develop and strengthen effective security and investigation strategies to combat violent crimes against women on campuses, including domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that it will take the approximately 100 respondents (Campus Program grantees) approximately one hour to complete a semi-annual progress report. The semi-annual progress report is divided into sections that pertain to the different types of activities in which grantees may engage. A Campus Program grantee will only be required to complete the sections of the form that pertain to its own specific activities.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The total annual hour burden to complete the data collection forms is 200 hours, that is 100 grantees completing a form twice a year with an estimated completion time for the form being one hour.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E, 405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: November 19, 2020.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2020-25946 Filed 11-23-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FX-P