Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Health and Human Services (HHS).
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing an opportunity for the public to comment on CMS' intention to collect information from the public. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (the PRA), federal agencies are required to publish notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information (including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information) and to allow 60 days for public comment on the proposed action. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding our burden estimates or any other aspect of this collection of information, including the necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions, the accuracy of the estimated burden, ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected, and the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
Comments must be received by January 26, 2021.
When commenting, please reference the document identifier or OMB control number. To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be submitted in any one of the following ways:
1. Electronically. You may send your comments electronically to http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for “Comment or Submission” or “More Search Options” to find the information collection document(s) that are accepting comments.
2. By regular mail. You may mail written comments to the following address:
CMS, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs, Division of Regulations Development, Attention: Document Identifier/OMB Control Number _______, Room C4-26-Start Printed Page 7607905, 7500 Security Boulevard, Baltimore, Maryland 21244-1850.
To obtain copies of a supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed collection(s) summarized in this notice, you may make your request using one of following:
1. Access CMS' website address at website address at https://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/PaperworkReductionActof1995/PRA-Listing.html.
2. Call the Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
William N. Parham at (410) 786-4669.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
This notice sets out a summary of the use and burden associated with the following information collections. More detailed information can be found in each collection's supporting statement and associated materials (see ADDRESSES).
CMS-10292 State Medicaid HIT Plan, Planning Advance Planning Document, and Implementation Advance Planning Document for Section 4201 of the Recovery Act
CMS-R-65 Final Peer Review Organizations Sanction Regulations
Under the PRA (44 U.S.C. 3501-3520), federal agencies must obtain approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for each collection of information they conduct or sponsor. The term “collection of information” is defined in 44 U.S.C. 3502(3) and 5 CFR 1320.3(c) and includes agency requests or requirements that members of the public submit reports, keep records, or provide information to a third party. Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the PRA requires federal agencies to publish a 60-day notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, before submitting the collection to OMB for approval. To comply with this requirement, CMS is publishing this notice.
1. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: State Medicaid HIT Plan, Planning Advance Planning Document, and Implementation Advance Planning Document for Section 4201 of the Recovery Act; Use: To assess the appropriateness of state requests for the administrative Federal financial participation for expenditures under their Medicaid Electronic Health Record Incentive Program related to health information exchange, our staff will review the submitted information and documentation to make an approval determination of the state advance planning document. Form Number: CMS-10292 (OMB control number: 0938-1088); Frequency: Once and occasionally; Affected Public: State, Local, and Tribal Governments; Number of Respondents: 56; Total Annual Responses: 56; Total Annual Hours: 896. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Edward Dolly at 410-786-8554.)
2. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Final Peer Review Organizations Sanction Regulations; Use: The Peer Review Improvement Act of 1982 amended Title XI of the Social Security Act (the Act), creating the Utilization and Quality Control Peer Review Organization Program. Section 1156 of the Act imposes obligations on health care practitioners and others who furnish or order services or items under Medicare. This section also provides for sanction actions, if the Secretary determines that the obligations as stated by this section are not met. Quality Improvement Organizations (QIOs) are responsible for identifying violations. The QIOs may allow practitioners or other entities, opportunities to submit relevant information before determining that a violation has occurred. The information collection requirements contained in this information collection request are used by the QIOs to collect the information necessary to make their decision. Form Number: CMS-R-65 (OMB control number: 0938-0444); Frequency: Occasionally; Affected Public: Private sector—Business or other for-profit and Not-for-profit institutions; Number of Respondents: 18; Total Annual Responses: 18; Total Annual Hours: 4,716. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Kimberly Harris at 401-837-1118.)
End Supplemental Information
Dated: November 23, 2020.
William N. Parham, III,
Director, Paperwork Reduction Staff, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2020-26223 Filed 11-25-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P