Start Printed Page 77474
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until February 1, 2021.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments, regarding the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please contact: Desiree M. Dickinson, EPS/IMPORTS/FESD, either by mail at 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at 304-616-4550.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
— Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
— Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
— Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
— Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection (check justification or form 83): Extension with change of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Application and Permit for Temporary Importation of Firearms and Ammunition By Nonimmigrant Aliens.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number (if applicable): ATF Form 6NIA (5330.3D).
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Individuals or households.
Other (if applicable): None.
Abstract: The Application and Permit for Temporary Importation of Firearms and Ammunition By Nonimmigrant Aliens—ATF Form 6NIA (5330.3D) is used by nonimmigrant aliens to temporarily import firearms and ammunition into the United States for hunting or other sporting purposes.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 15,000 respondents will utilize the form annually, and it will take each respondent approximately 30 minutes to complete their responses.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 7,500 hours, which is equal to 15,000 (# of respondents) * .5 (30 minutes).
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: November 27, 2020.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2020-26585 Filed 12-1-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-14-P