Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of submission to the Office of Management and Budget; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review. The information collection is entitled, “Material Control and Accounting of Special Nuclear Material.”
Submit comments by January 19, 2021. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but the Commission is able to ensure consideration only for comments received on or before this date.
Written comments and recommendations for the proposed information collection should be sent within 30 days of publication of this notice to https://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/PRAMain. Find this particular information collection by selecting “Currently under Review—Open for Public Comments” or by using the search function.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Cullison, NRC Clearance Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: Infocollects.Resource@nrc.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2020-0079 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
Federal Rulemaking Website: Go to https://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2020-0079.
NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. The supporting statement and burden spreadsheet are available in ADAMS under Accession Nos. ML20308A245 and ML20168A874, respectively.
Attention: The PDR, where you may examine and order copies of public documents is currently closed. You may submit your request to the PDR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-397-4209 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. (EST), Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting the NRC's Clearance Officer, David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: Infocollects.Resource@nrc.gov.
B. Submitting Comments
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. All comment submissions are posted at https://www.regulations.gov and entered into ADAMS. Comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the OMB, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment into ADAMS.
Under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to OMB for review entitled, “10 CFR part 74, Material Control and Accounting of Special Nuclear Material.” The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on August 19, 2020, 85 FR 51070.
1. The title of the information collection: “ 10 CFR part 74, Material Control and Accounting of Special Nuclear Material.”
2. OMB approval number: 3150-0123.
3. Type of submission: Extension.
4. The form number if applicable: Not applicable.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: Submission of fundamental nuclear material control plans is a one-time requirement which has been completed by all current licensees as required. However, licensees may submit amendments or revisions to the plans as necessary. Reports are submitted as events occur.
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: Persons licensed under Part 70 of title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR), who possess and use certain forms and quantities of special nuclear material (SNM).
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 174 (17 reporting responses + 157 recordkeepers).
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 157.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to comply with the information collection requirement or request: 8,909 (669 hours reporting + 8,240 hours recordkeeping).
10. Abstract: 10 CFR part 74 establishes requirements for material control and accounting of SNM, and specific performance-based regulations for licensees authorized to possess, use, and produced strategic SNM, and SNM of moderate strategic significance and low strategic significance. The information is used by the NRC to make licensing and regulatory determinations concerning material control of SNM and to satisfy obligations of the United Start Printed Page 81961States to the International Atomic Energy Agency. Submission or retention of the information is mandatory for persons subject to the requirements.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: December 14, 2020.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
David C. Cullison,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2020-27743 Filed 12-16-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P