The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA), is seeking nominations of qualified candidates to be considered for appointment as members of the Veterans' Advisory Committee on Rehabilitation (hereinafter referred to as “the Committee”).
Nominations for membership on the Committee must be received by February 8, 2021, no later than 4:00 p.m., eastern standard time. Packages received after this time will not be considered for the current membership cycle.
All nomination packages should be emailed to the Designated Federal Officer, Latrese Thompson at Latrese.Thompson@va.gov.
Start Supplemental Information
In carrying out the duties set forth, the Committee responsibilities include, but are not limited to, submitting to the Secretary an annual report on the rehabilitation programs and activities of the VA.
Membership Criteria: VBA is requesting nominations for upcoming vacancies on the Committee. Members of the Committee are appointed by the Secretary from the general public, including but not limited to:
(1) Veterans with service-connected disabilities;
(2) Persons who have distinguished themselves in the public and private sectors in the fields of rehabilitation medicine, vocational guidance, vocational rehabilitation, and employment and training programs
(3) Ex officio members of the Committee shall include one representative from the Veterans Health Administration and one from the Veterans Benefits Administration; one representative each from the Rehabilitation Services Administration of the Department of Education, and the National Institute for Handicapped Research of the Department of Education; and one representative of the Assistant Secretary for Veterans' Employment and Training of the Department of Labor.
Authority: The Committee was established pursuant to 38 U.S.C. 3121, to advise the Secretary of VA with respect to the administration of Veterans' rehabilitation programs. Nominations of qualified candidates are being sought to fill upcoming vacancies on the Committee.
To the extent possible, the Secretary seeks members who have diverse professional and personal qualifications. We ask that nominations include information of this type so that VA can ensure a balanced Committee membership. Individuals appointed to the Committee by the Secretary shall be invited to serve a three-year term. The Secretary may reappoint a member for an additional term of service. In accordance with Federal Travel Regulation, Committee members will receive travel expenses and a per diem allowance for any travel made in association with duties as members of the Committee and within federal travel guidelines. Self-nominations are acceptable. Any letters of nomination from organizations or other individuals should accompany the package when it is submitted. Non-Veterans are also eligible for nomination.
Requirements for Nomination submission: Nominations should be typed (one nomination per nominator). Nomination package should include:
(1) A letter of nomination that clearly states the name and affiliation of the nominee, the basis for the nomination (i.e., specific attributes which qualify the nominee for service in this capacity), and a statement from the nominee indicating that he/she is a U.S. citizen and is willingness to serve as a member of the Committee;
(2) the nominee's contact information, including name, mailing address, telephone numbers, and email address;
(3) the nominee's curriculum vitae;Start Printed Page 7463
(4) a summary of the nominee's experience and qualifications relative to the membership considerations described above; and
(5) a statement confirming that he/she is not a federally-registered lobbyist.
The Department makes every effort to ensure that the membership of VA Federal advisory committees is balanced in terms of points of view represented and the committee's function. Appointments to this Committee shall be made without discrimination based on a person's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Nominations must state that the nominee appears to have no conflict of interest that would preclude membership. An ethics review is conducted for each selected nominee.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: January 22, 2021.
LaTonya L. Small,
Advisory Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. 2021-01818 Filed 1-27-21; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE P