Office of the Chief Information Officer, HUD.
HUD has submitted the proposed information collection requirement described below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review, in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act. The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days of public comment.
Comments Due Date: March 8, 2021.
Interested persons are invited to submit comments regarding this proposal. Written comments and recommendations for the proposed information collection should be sent within 30 days of publication of this notice to www.reginfo.gov/public/do/Start Printed Page 15501PRAMain. Find this particular information collection by selecting “Currently under 30-day Review—Open for Public Comments” or by using the search function.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Colette Pollard, Reports Management Officer, QDAM, Department of Housing and Urban Development, 451 7th Street, SW, Washington, DC 20410; email Colette Pollard at Colette.Pollard@hud.gov or telephone 202-402-3400. Persons with hearing or speech impairments may access this number through TTY by calling the toll-free Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. This is not a toll-free number. Copies of available documents submitted to OMB may be obtained from Ms. Pollard.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
This notice informs the public that HUD has submitted to OMB a request for approval of the information collection described in Section A. The Federal Register notice that solicited public comment on the information collection for a period of 60 days was published on July 2, 2020 at 85 FR 39929.
A. Overview of Information Collection
Title of Information Collection: Rehabilitation Mortgage Insurance Underwriting Program Section 203(k).
OMB Approval Number: 2502-0527.
Type of Request: Extension of currently approved collection.
Form Number: HUD-92700-A, HUD-9746-A.
Description of the need for the information and proposed use:
This request for OMB review involves an extension request for information collected under OMB Approval Number 2502-0527 for lenders that originate and service Section 203(k) mortgages.
The Section 203(k) program requires mortgagees to collect information about the scope of repair and improvement work, its cost, and control of escrow funds to pay for the improvements as they are completed. This program operates in conjunction with FHA's underwriting standards and systems for all Section 203(b) loans as documented in OMB Control Numbers 2502-0059 & 2502-0556. Per the existing collection, there are 1,312 respondents made up of participating lenders and 203(k) Consultants.
Respondents (i.e., affected public): Business or other for-profit.
Estimated Number of Respondents: 1,312.
Estimated Number of Responses: 211,667.
Frequency of Response: On occasion (Once per loan).
Average Hours per Response: 0.85.
Total Estimated Burdens: 188,516.
B. Solicitation of Public Comment
This notice is soliciting comments from members of the public and affected parties concerning the collection of information described in Section A on the following:
(1) Whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) The accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information;
(3) Ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
(5) ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology. HUD encourages interested parties to submit comments in response to these questions.
End Supplemental Information
Department Management Reports Management Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2021-02256 Filed 2-3-21; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4210-67-P