Top News per Section
DoD, GSA, and NASA are proposing to amend the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) to remove the distinction between DoD and non-DoD agency areas of operation.
A permit to conduct research on northern elephant seals (Mirounga angustirostris) throughout their range.
Under Section 40A of the Arms Export Control Act
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Office of Nuclear Regulatory Research, in cooperation with the Electric Power Research Institute, will hold joint courses on fire probabilistic risk assessment.
Relaxation of the Handling Regulation for Area No. 3
[This blog post was written by OFR intern Lissa N. Snyders] Our users frequently ask for information about Office of the Federal Register (OFR) publications. Publication statistics for the Federal... Continue reading
It is with great sadness that we mark the passing of Fred Emery, the third Director of the Federal Register. Mr Emery’s tenure, from 1970-1979, was one of the most... Continue reading
[This post was written by OFR Intern Lissa Snyders] The first document ever printed in the Federal Register was an Executive Order titled Enlarging Cape Romain Migratory Bird Refuge. In... Continue reading
About the Federal Register
- 1Employment Authorization for Certain H-4 Dependent Spouses
- 2Wassenaar Arrangement 2013 Plenary Agreements Implementation: Intrusion and Surveillance Items
- 3Notice of Intent To Open a Coordinated Remedy Program Proceeding for the Replacement of Certain Takata Air...
- 4Annual Update of the HHS Poverty Guidelines
- 5Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards
- 1Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Electronic Health Record Incentive Program-Modifications to Meaningful Use...
- 2Employment Authorization for Certain H-4 Dependent Spouses
- 3Amendments to Regulations Under the Americans With Disabilities Act
- 4Applications for New Awards; First in the World Program-Development Grants
- 5Wassenaar Arrangement 2013 Plenary Agreements Implementation: Intrusion and Surveillance Items
What's in the Federal Register
This category contains non-rulemaking documents that are applicable to the general public and named parties. These documents include notices of public meetings, hearings, investigations, grants and funding, environmental impact statements, information collections, statements of organization and functions, delegations, and other announcements of public interest.
This category contains proposed regulations. These documents announce and explain agencies’ plans to solve problems and accomplish goals, and give interested persons an opportunity to submit comments to improve the final regulation. It also includes advance notices of proposed rulemaking, petitions for rulemaking, negotiated rulemakings, and various proposed determinations and interpretations.
This category contains regulations that apply to the general public and have final legal effect. It also includes interim final rules, direct final rules, and various determinations, interpretive rules, and policy statements. The documents cite to the Code of Federal Regulations, which contains the codified text of final rules, and is published annually in 50 titles.
This category contains documents signed by the President of the United States. Documents include Executive Orders, Proclamations, Administrative Orders, Presidential Memoranda, and other issuances of the President that are required or directed to be published in the Federal Register.
About this siteLegal Disclaimer
FederalRegister.gov is a Bright Idea in Government award winner
FederalRegister.gov is a Bright Idea in Government award winner. The Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation at the JFK School of Government, Harvard University selected us as an innovative initiative.
- Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement: Advancing Small Business Growth (DFARS Case 2014-D009)
- Self-Regulatory Organizations; Chicago Board Options Exchange, Incorporated; Notice of Filing of a Proposed Rule Change Relating to Floor Broker Due Diligence
- Request for Information Regarding Student Loan Servicing
- Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; Delaware; Nonattainment New Source Review; Emission Offset Provisions
- Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Florida Infrastructure Requirements for the 2008 Lead National Ambient Air Quality Standards
- Removal of the Louisiana Black Bear From the Federal List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife