Rural Housing and Community Development Service
The Rural Housing and Community Development Service (RHCDS) was established by an act of October 13, 1994 (108 Stat. 3219). The Service operated under the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act (7 U.S.C. 1921) and title V of the Housing Act of 1949 (42 U.S.C. 1471).
RHCDS provided loans to rural residents who were unable to get credit
from commercial sources at reasonable rates and terms and who had a
reasonable chance for success. In addition, The Service guaranteed loans made by commercial lenders for modest rural housing. RHCDS also made direct loans to low-income rural residents.
RHCDS was renamed Rural Housing Service as of January 30, 1996.
This agency has published 11 documents since 1994.