Notice of Receipt of Requests for Amendments to Delete Uses in Certain Pesticide Registrations
In accordance with section 6(f)(1) of the FederalInsecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), as amended,EPA is issuing a notice of receipt of request for amendment byregistrants to delete uses in certain pesticide registrations.
Table of Contents Back to Top
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
- SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:
- I. General Information
- A. Does This Action Apply to Me?
- B. How Can I Get Additional Information or Copies of SupportDocuments?
- II. What Action is the Agency Taking?
- III. What is the Agency Authority for Taking This Action?
- IV. How and to Whom Do I Submit Withdrawal Requests?
- V. Provisions for Disposition of Existing Stocks
- List of Subjects
Tables Back to Top
DATES: Back to Top
Unless a request is withdrawn, the Agency will approve these use deletions and the deletions will become effective on February 4, 2002 unless indicated otherwise.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Back to Top
By mail:James A. Hollins,Office of Pesticide Programs (7502C),Environmental Protection Agency,1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.,Washington, DC 20460.Office location for commercial courier delivery, telephone number and e-mail address:Rm. 266A, Crystal Mall No. 2,1921 Jefferson Davis Highway,Arlington, VA 22202,(703) 305-5761;e-mail: email@example.com.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Back to Top
I. General Information Back to Top
A. Does This Action Apply to Me?
This action is directed to the public in general. Althoughthis action may be of particular interest to persons who produce oruse pesticides, the Agency has not attempted to describe all thespecific entities that may be affected by this action. If you haveany questions regarding the information in this notice, consult theperson listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Additional Information or Copies of SupportDocuments?
1. Electronically. You may obtain electronic copies of this document and certain other related documents that might beavailable electronically, from the EPA Internet Home Page athttp://www.epa.gov. To access this document, on the Home pageselect “Laws and Regulations” “Regulations and Proposed Rules,” and then look up the entry for thisdocument under the “Federal Register—Environmental Documents.” Youcan also go directly to the Federal Register listing athttp://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.
2. In person. Contact James A. Hollins at 1921 Jefferson Davis Highway, Crystal Mall 2, Rm. 232, Arlington, VA, telephonenumber (703) 305-5761. Available from 7:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.,Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays.
II. What Action is the Agency Taking? Back to Top
This notice announces receipt by the Agency of applicationsfrom registrants to delete uses in four pesticide registrations.These registrations are listed in the following Table 1 byregistration number, product name, active ingredient and specificuses deleted.
|Registration No.||Product||Chemical Name||Delete From Label|
|001386-00616||2,4-D Lo-V 6E||2,4-D 2-Ethylhexyl Ester||Drainage ditch banks|
|035935-00005||Nufarm 2,4-D LV-4||2,4-D 2-Ethylhexyl Ester||Drainage ditch banks, lakes, ponds, other aquatic non-food sites and sugarcane|
|035935-00012||2,4-D Isooctyl Ester Technical||2,4-D 2-Ethylhexyl Ester||Drainage ditch banks, lakes, ponds, rice, other aquatic non-food sites and sugarcane|
|035935-00014||Nufarm 2,4-D||2,4-D 2-Ethylhexyl Ester||Drainage ditch banks, lakes, ponds, other aquatic non-food sites and sugarcane|
Users of these products who desire continued use on crops or sitesbeing deleted should contact the applicable registrant beforeFebruary 4, 2002 unless indicated otherwise, to discuss withdrawal of the application for amendment.This 180-day period will also permit interested members of thepublic to intercede with registrants prior to the Agency's approvalof the deletion.
The following Table 2 includes, the names and addresses ofrecord for all registrants of the products in Table 1, in sequenceby EPA company number.
|EPA Company No.||Company Name and Address|
|001386||Universal Cooperatives Inc., 1300 Corporate Center Curve, Eagan, MN 55121.|
|035935||Nufarm Americas, Inc., Agent For: Nufarm Limited, 500 Lower Lake Rd., St. Joseph, MO 64504.|
III. What is the Agency Authority for Taking This Action? Back to Top
Section 6(f)(1) of FIFRA provides that a registrant of apesticide product may at any time request that any of its pesticideregistrations be amended to delete one or more uses. The Actfurther provides that, before acting on the request, EPA mustpublish a notice of receipt of any such request in the FederalRegister. Thereafter, the Administrator may approve such arequest.
IV. How and to Whom Do I Submit Withdrawal Requests? Back to Top
1. By mail: Registrants who choose to withdraw a request for use deletion must submit such withdrawal in writing to James A.Hollins, at the address given above, postmarked September 7, 2001.
2. In person or by courier: Deliver your withdrawal requestto: Document Processing Desk (DPD), Information Services Branch,Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental ProtectionAgency, Rm. 266A, Crystal Mall 2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Highway,Arlington, VA. The DPD is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mondaythrough Friday, excluding legal holidays. The DPD telephone numberis (703) 305-5263.
3. Electronically. You may submit your withdrawal request electronically by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not submitany information electronically that you consider to be CBI. Avoidthe use of special characters and any form of encryption.Electronic submissions will be accepted in WordPerfect 6.1/8.0 orASCII file format.
V. Provisions for Disposition of Existing Stocks Back to Top
The Agency has authorized the registrants to sell ordistribute product under the previously approved labeling for aperiod of 18 months after approval of the revision, unless otherrestrictions have been imposed, as in special review actions.
List of Subjects Back to Top
- Environmental protection
- Pesticides and pests
- Product registrations
Dated: July 24, 2001.
Richard D. Schmitt,
Associate Director, Information Resources and Services Division,Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 01-19571 Filed 8-7-01; 8:45 a.m.]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S