Agency Information Collection Activities: Extension of an Existing Information Collection; Comment Request
60 Day Notice Of Information Collection Under Review: Form I 824, Application For Action On An Approved Application Or Petition; Omb Control No. 1615 0044.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until May 5, 2008.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352, or via e-mail at email@example.com. When submitting comments by e-mail, please add the OMB Control No. 1615-0044 in the subject box.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of an existing information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-824. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. The Form I-824 facilitates a request from a petitioner or applicant for further action on a previously approved petition or application, or it can be used by a U.S. citizen to notify the Department of State of his or her U.S. citizenship status.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 43,772 responses at 25 minutes (.416 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 18,209 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the USCIS Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov/.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Management Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529, Telephone number 202-272-8377.
Dated: February 27, 2008.
Deputy Chief,Regulatory Management Division,U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services,Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E8-4137 Filed 3-3-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P