Office of Community Oriented Policing Services; Agency Information Collection Activities: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection; Comments Requested
30 Day Notice Of Information Collection Under Review: Cops Extension Request Form.
The Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The revision of a currently approved information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for 30 days for public comment until June 29, 2009. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Rebekah Dorr, Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, 1100 Vermont Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20530.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection Back to Top
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a Currently Approved Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Extension Request Form.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: None. U.S. Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Law enforcement agencies that are recipients of COPS grants which are expiring within 90 days of the date of the form.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply:
It is estimated that approximately 2,700 respondents annually will complete the form within 30 minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection:
1,350 total annual burden hours.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Bryant, Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street NW., Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: May 26, 2009.
Department Deputy Clearance Officer, PRA, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. E9-12577 Filed 5-28-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-AT-P