Export Trade Certificate of Review
Notice Of Issuance Of An Export Trade Certificate Of Review To Efs International Corporation/Dba: Efs Global Trade And Export Sales (Application
On May 27, 2010, the U.S. Department of Commerce issued an Export Trade Certificate of Review to EFS International Corporation/DBA: EFS Global Trade and Export Services (“EFS”). This notice summarizes the conduct for which certification has been granted.
Table of Contents Back to Top
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Back to Top
Joseph E. Flynn, Director, Office of Competition and Economic Analysis, International Trade Administration, by telephone at (202) 482-5131 (this is not a toll-free number) or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Back to Top
Title III of the Export Trading Company Act of 1982 (15 U.S.C. Sections 4001-21) authorizes the Secretary of Commerce to issue Export Trade Certificates of Review. The regulations implementing Title III are found at 15 CFR Part 325 (2009).
The Office of Competition and Economic Analysis (“OCEA”) is issuing this notice pursuant to 15 CFR section 325.6(b), which requires the Secretary of Commerce to publish a summary of the certification in the Federal Register. Under Section 305(a) of the Act and 15 CFR section 325.11(a), any person aggrieved by the Secretary's determination may, within 30 days of the date of this notice, bring an action in any appropriate district court of the United States to set aside the determination on the ground that the determination is erroneous.
Description of Certified Conduct Back to Top
EFS is certified to engage in the Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operation described below in the following Export Trade and Export Markets.
I. Export Trade Back to Top
1. Product: All Products.
2. Services: All Services.
3. Technology Rights:
Technology rights that relate to Products and Services including, but not limited to, patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
4. Export Trade Facilitation Services (as They Relate to the Export of Products, Services, and Technology Rights).
Export Trade Facilitation Services including, but not limited to, professional services in the areas of government relations and assistance with state and federal programs; foreign trade and business protocol; consulting; market research and analysis; collection of information on trade opportunities; marketing; negotiations; joint ventures; shipping; export management; export licensing; advertising; documentation and services related to compliance with customs requirements; insurance and financing; trade show exhibitions; organizational development; management and labor strategies; transfer of technology; transportation services; and facilitating the formation of shippers' associations.
II. Export Markets Back to Top
The Export Markets include all parts of the world except the United States (the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands).
III. Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operation Back to Top
1. With respect to the export of Products and Services, licensing of Technology Rights and provision of Export Trade Facilitation Services, EFS International, subject to the terms and conditions listed below, may:
a. Provide and/or arrange for the provisions of Export Trade Facilitation Services and engage in promotional and marketing activities;
b. Collect information on trade opportunities in the Export Markets and distribute such information to clients;
c. Enter into exclusive and/or non-exclusive licensing and/or sales agreements with Suppliers for the export of Products, Services, and/or Technology Rights to Export Markets;
d. Enter into exclusive and/or non-exclusive agreements with distributors and/or sales representatives in Export Markets;
e. Allocate export sales or divide Export Markets among Suppliers for the sale and/or licensing of Products, Services, and/or Technology Rights;
f. Allocate export orders among Suppliers;
g. Establish the price of Products, Services, and/or Technology Rights for sales and/or licensing in Export Markets; and taking title to when provided in order to facilitate the export of goods or services produced in the United States;
h. Negotiate, enter into, and/or manage licensing agreements for the export of Technology Rights;
i. Enter into contracts for shipping to Export Markets; and
j. Refuse to provide Export Trade Facilitation Services to customers in any Export Market or Markets.
2. EFS International may exchange information with individual Suppliers on a one-to-one basis regarding that Supplier's inventories and near-term production schedules in order that the availability of Products for export can be determined and effectively coordinated by EFS International with its distributors in Export Markets.
IV. Terms and Conditions Back to Top
1. In engaging in Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operation, EFS International will not intentionally disclose, directly or indirectly, to any Supplier any information about any other Supplier's costs, production, capacity, inventories, domestic prices, domestic sales, or U.S. business plans, strategies, or methods that is not already generally available to the trade or public.
2. EFS International will comply with requests made by the Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the Secretary or the Attorney General for information or documents relevant to conduct under the Certificate. The Secretary of Commerce will request such information or documents when either the Attorney General or the Secretary of Commerce believes that the information or documents are required to determine that the Export Trade, Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operation of a person protected by this Certificate of Review continue to comply with the standards of section 303(a) of the Act.
Definition Back to Top
“Supplier” means a person who produces, provides, or sells Products, Services, and/or Technology Rights.
Dated: June 8, 2010.
Joseph E. Flynn,
Director, Office of Competition and Economic Analysis.
[FR Doc. 2010-15005 Filed 6-21-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-DR-P