Information Collection; Submission for OMB Review, Comment Request
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) entitled the Peer Reviewer Application Instructions to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13, (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). Copies of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Corporation for National and Community Service, James Willie at (202) 606-6845. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call (202) 606-3472 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Table of Contents Back to Top
ADDRESSES: Back to Top
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service, by any of the following two methods within 30 days from the date of publication in this Federal Register.
(1) By fax to: (202) 395-6974, Attention: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service; and
(2) Electronically by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Back to Top
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
Comments Back to Top
A 60-day public comment Notice was published in the Federal Register on April 28, 2010. This comment period ended June 29, 2010. No public comments were received from this Notice.
Description: The Corporation seeks to renew the current information collection. Minor revisions are proposed to clarify eGrants instructions and reflect adjustments to the Corporation for National and Community Service eGrants system.
The information collection will otherwise be used in the same manner as the existing application. The Corporation also seeks to continue using the current application until the revised application is approved by OMB. The current application is due to expire on October 31, 2010.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Peer Reviewer Application Instructions.
OMB Number: 3045-0090.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Individuals who are interested in serving as peer reviewers and peer review panel facilitators for the Corporation.
Total Respondents: 2,500 responses annually.
Frequency: One time to complete.
Average Time per Response: Averages 40 minutes.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 1,666 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Dated: June 30, 2010.
Director, Office of Grants Policy and Operations.
[FR Doc. 2010-16575 Filed 7-7-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P