Agency Information Collection Activities: New Information Collection; Comment Request
60 Day Notice Of Information Collection Under Review: E Verify Self Check Program (Internal File Number Omb 59).
The Department Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitting the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until November 30, 2010.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Clearance Officer, 20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352 or via e-mail at email@example.com. When submitting comments by e-mail, please make sure to add Control No. OMB-59 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection Back to Top
(1) Type of Information Collection: New information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: E-Verify Self Check Program.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: No Form Number. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Self Check will allow U.S. workers to enter data into the E-Verify system to ensure that the information relating to their eligibility to work is correct and accurate.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: ID Authentication—2,900,000 responses at .0833 (5 Minutes) per response; Self Check Query—2,175,000 responses at .0833 (5 Minutes) per response; Further Action Pursued—5,582 responses at 1.183 (1 hour and 11 minutes) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 429,352 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov/.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, 20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020, Telephone number 202-272-8377.
Dated: September 27, 2010.
Deputy Chief, Regulatory Products Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2010-24626 Filed 9-30-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P