Notice of Final Federal Agency Actions on Proposed Highway in Alaska
Notice Of Limitation On Claims For Judicial Review Of Actions By Fhwa.
This notice announces actions taken by the FHWA that are final within the meaning of 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). The action relates to a proposed highway project in Hyder, State of Alaska. Those actions grant approval for the project.
Table of Contents Back to Top
DATES: Back to Top
By this notice, the FHWA is advising the public of final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). A claim seeking judicial review of the Federal agency actions on the listed highway project will be barred unless the claim is filed on or before January 30, 2012. If the Federal law that authorizes judicial review of a claim provides a time period of less than 180 days for filing such claim, then that shorter time period still applies.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Back to Top
Mr. Alex Viteri, Senior Transportation Engineer, FHWA Alaska Division, P.O. Box 21648, Juneau, Alaska 99802-1648; office hours 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (AST), phone (907) 586-7544; e-mail Alex.Viteri@dot.gov. You may also contact Jane Gendron, DOT&PF Southeast Region, Regional Environmental Manager, Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities, 6860 Glacier Highway, P.O. Box 112506, Juneau, Alaska 99811-2506; office hours 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (AST), phone (907) 465-4499, e-mail email@example.com.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Back to Top
Notice is hereby given that the FHWA has taken final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1) by issuing approvals for the following highway project in the State of Alaska: Project No. MGS-0003(113)/69070; Project Location: The project begins on Premier Avenue in the town of Hyder, Alaska and continues along the Hyder Causeway and trestle to Harbor Island in Portland Canal, a distance of 0.7 miles. Hyder is 75 air miles northeast of Ketchikan, Alaska and about 640 air miles northwest of Seattle, Washington. Project type: The project would reconstruct the surface approach (Premier Avenue and filled causeway) and replace the wooden trestle linking Hyder, Alaska to its marine transportation facility on Harbor Island.
The actions by the Federal agency on the project, and the laws under which such actions were taken, are described in the Environmental Assessment (EA) and Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) issued for the project, approved on July 11, 2011 and in other documents in the FHWA project files or the State of Alaska Department of Transportation & Public Facilities. The EA, FONSI, and other documents from the FHWA project records files are available by contacting the FHWA or the State of Alaska Department of Transportation & Public Facilities at the addresses provided above.
This notice applies to all FHWA decisions and approvals on the project as of the issuance date of this notice and all laws and Executive Orders under which such actions were taken, including but not limited to:
2. Air: Clean Air Act, 42 U.S.C. 7401-7671(q).
4. Wildlife: Endangered Species Act [16 U.S.C. 1531-1544 and Section 1536], Marine Mammal Protection Act [16 U.S.C. 1361], Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act [16 U.S.C. 661-667(d)], Migratory Bird Treaty Act [16 U.S.C. 703-712].
5. Historic and Cultural Resources: Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, as amended [16 U.S.C. 470(f) et seq.]; Archeological Resources Protection Act of 1977 [16 U.S.C. 470(aa)-11]; Archeological and Historic Preservation Act [16 U.S.C. 469-469(c)]; Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) [25 U.S.C. 3001-3013].
7. Wetlands and Water Resources: Clean Water Act, 33 U.S.C. 1251-1377 (Section 404, Section 401, Section 319); Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF), 16 U.S.C. 4601-4604; Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), 42 U.S.C. 300(f)-300(j)(6); Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899, 33 U.S.C. 401-406; Wild and Scenic Rivers Act, 16 U.S.C. 1271-1287; Emergency Wetlands Resources Act, 16 U.S.C. 3921, 3931; TEA-21 Wetlands Mitigation, 23 U.S.C. 103(b)(6)(m), 133(b)(11); Flood Disaster Protection Act, 42 U.S.C. 4001-4128.
8. Executive Orders: E.O. 11990 Protection of Wetlands; E.O. 11988 Floodplain Management; E.O. 12898, Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low Income Populations; E.O. 11593 Protection and Enhancement of Cultural Resources; E.O. 13007 Indian Sacred Sites; E.O. 13287 Preserve America; E.O. 13175 Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Governments; E.O. 11514 Protection and Enhancement of Environmental Quality; E.O. 13112 Invasive Species.
(Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Program Number 20.205, Highway Planning and Construction. The regulations implementing Executive Order 12372 regarding intergovernmental consultation on Federal programs and activities apply to this program.)
Authority: Back to Top
23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1).
Issued on: July 25, 2011.
David C. Miller,
Division Administrator, Juneau, Alaska.
[FR Doc. 2011-19641 Filed 8-2-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-RY-P