Agency Information Collection Activities: Form I-526, Extension of a Currently Approved Information Collection; Comment Request
30 Day Notice Of Information Collection Under Review: Form I 526, Immigrant Petition By Alien Entrepreneur.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. An information collection notice was previously published in the Federal Register on August 12, 2011, at 76 FR 50238, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS received two comments on the 60-day notice. A discussion of the comments and USCIS' responses are addressed in item 8 of the supporting statement that can be viewed at: http://www.regulations.gov.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until December 15, 2011. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), USCIS Desk Officer. Comments may be submitted to: USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to (202) 272-0997 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at (202) 395-5806 or via email at email@example.com.
When submitting comments by email please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0026 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques, or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection Back to Top
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of an existing information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-526. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Businesses. This form is used by the USCIS to determine if an alien can enter the U.S. to engage in commercial enterprise.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 3,742 responses at 1 hour and 15 minutes (1.25 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 4,678 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov/.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020, telephone number (202) 272-8377.
Dated: November 9, 2011.
Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2011-29493 Filed 11-14-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P