Agency Information Collection Activities: Form I-131, Revision of an Existing Information Collection; Comment Request
60 Day Notice Of Information Collection Under Review: Form I 131, Application For Travel Document.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services will be submitting the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until February 27, 2012.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to (202) 272-0997, or via email at email@example.com. When submitting comments by email, please add the OMB Control Number 1615-0013 in the subject box.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection Back to Top
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of an existing information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Travel Document.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-131. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Certain aliens, namely permanent or conditional residents, refugees or asylees and aliens abroad use this information collection to apply for a travel document to lawfully enter or reenter the United States.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 338,940 responses at 1.9 hours (1 hour and 55 minutes) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 643,986 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the USCIS Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020, telephone number (202) 272-8377.
Dated: December 22, 2011.
Deputy Chief,Office of the Executive Secretariat,U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services,Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2011-33264 Filed 12-27-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P