Agency Information Collection Activities: Form G-1145; Revision of a Currently Approved Information Collection; Comment Request
60 Day Notice Of Information Collection Under Review: E Notification Of Application/Petition Acceptance, Form G 1145.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitting the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA). The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until March 23, 2012.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to (202) 272-0997 or via email at USCISFRComment@dhs.gov. When submitting comments by email, please make sure to add OMB Control No. 1615-0109 in the subject box.
The address listed in this notice should only be used to submit comments concerning the extension of the Form G-1145. Please do not submit requests for individual case status inquiries to this address. If you are seeking information about the status of your individual case, please check “My Case Status” online at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard, or call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-(800) 375-5283 (TTY 1-(800) 767-1833).
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection Back to Top
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of an existing information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form G-1145; U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. If an applicant or petitioner wants to be notified via email and/or text message on their cell phone that their application or petition has been accepted, they are requested to provide their email address and/or cell phone number on the E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, Form G-1145, and attach the form to the application or petition.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 1,000,000 responses at 3 minutes (0.05 hour) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 50,000 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020, Telephone number (202) 272-8377.
Dated: January 18, 2012.
Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Office of the Executive Secretariat, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2012-1183 Filed 1-20-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P