Environmental Laboratory Advisory Board Membership
Notice Soliciting Nominations For Membership.
The EPA invites nominations from a diverse range of qualified candidates to be considered for appointment to the Environmental Laboratory Advisory Board (ELAB). The ELAB is a multi-stakeholder federal advisory committee that provides independent advice and recommendations to the EPA Administrator, Science Advisor, and Forum on Environmental Measurements about cross-cutting issues related to enhancing measurement programs in the EPA, and facilitating the operation and expansion of national environmental accreditation.
This notice solicits nominations to fill six new vacancies. To maintain diverse representation, nominees will be selected from the following stakeholder work force sectors:
- Business and industry.
- Environmental laboratory commercial, municipal, small, other.
- Environmental laboratory suppliers of services.
- State and local government agencies.
- Tribal governments and indigenous groups.
- Trade associations.
Within these sectors, the EPA is seeking nominees with knowledge in methods development; measurements; monitoring and regulatory programs; quality systems; and environmental accreditation. In an effort to obtain nominations of diverse candidates, the EPA encourages nominations of women and men of all racial and ethnic groups. All nominations will be fully considered.
Any interested person or organization may nominate qualified persons to be considered for appointment to this advisory committee. Individuals may self-nominate. Nominees should possess the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience with environmental measurement programs and environmental accreditation;
- Willingness to commit time to the committee, and demonstrated ability to work constructively and effectively on committees;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication and consensus-building skills; and
- Ability to serve a two-year appointment and volunteer approximately five to seven hours per month to support the activities of the ELAB.
How to Submit Nominations: Nominations can be submitted in electronic format (preferred) to Lara P. Autry, Designated Federal Officer, US EPA, MC E243-05, 109 T. W. Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, or emailed to email@example.com and should be received by April 13, 2012 for October 2012 appointment. To be considered, all nomination packages should include:
- Current contact information for the nominee, including the nominee's name, organization (and position within that organization), current business address, email address, and daytime telephone number.
- A brief statement describing the nominee's interest in serving on the ELAB.
- A resume describing the professional and educational qualifications of the nominee, including a list of relevant activities, and any current or previous service on advisory committees.
- Letter(s) of recommendation from a third party supporting the nomination.
For further questions regarding this notice, please contact Lara P. Autry on (919) 541-5544 or firstname.lastname@example.org.