Agency Information Collection Activities: Form G-1145, Revision of a Currently Approved Information Collection; Comment Request
30 Day Notice Of Information Collection Under Review: Form G 1145, E Notification Of Application/Petition Acceptance; Omb Control No. 1615 0109.
* * * * *
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection notice was previously published in the Federal Register on January 23, 2012, at 77 FR 3278, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS did not receive any comments for this information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until May 9, 2012. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) USCIS Desk Officer. Comments may be submitted to: USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-0997 or via email at USCISFRComment@dhs.gov and to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at (202) 395-5806 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting comments by email please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0109 in the subject line. Note: The address listed in this notice should only be used to submit comments concerning the extension of the Form G-1145. Please do not submit requests for individual case status inquiries to this address. If you are seeking information about the status of your individual case, please check “My Case Status” online at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard, or call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833).
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection Back to Top
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form G-1145; U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. If an applicant or petitioner wants to be notified via email and/or text message on their cell phone that their application or petition has been accepted, they are requested to provide their email address and/or cell phone number on Form G-1145, and attach the form to the application or petition.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 1,000,000 responses at 3 minutes (0.05) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 50,000 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020; Telephone (202) 272-8377.
Dated: April 4, 2012.
Acting Chief,Regulatory Coordination Division,Office of Policy and Strategy,U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2012-8509 Filed 4-6-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P