SFIREG Full Committee; Notice of Public Meeting
The Association of American Pesticide Control Officials (AAPCO)/State FIFRA Issues Research and Evaluation Group (SFIREG), Full Committee will hold a 2-day meeting, beginning on June 18, 2012 and ending June 19, 2012. This notice announces the location and times for the meeting and sets forth the tentative agenda topics.
Table of Contents Back to Top
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
- SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:
- I. General Information
- A. Does this action apply to me?
- B. How can I get copies of this document and other related information?
- II. Tentative Agenda Topics
- III. How can I request to participate in this meeting?
- List of Subjects Environmental protection.
DATES: Back to Top
The meeting will be held on Monday, June 18, 2012 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon on Tuesday June 19, 2012.
To request accommodation of a disability, please contact the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATON CONTACT, preferably at least 10 days prior to the meeting, to give EPA as much time as possible to process your request.
ADDRESSES: Back to Top
The meeting will be held at EPA. One Potomac Yard (South Bldg.), 2777 S. Crystal Dr., Arlington, VA, 22202, 1st Floor South Conference Room.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Back to Top
Ron Kendall, Field External Affairs Division, Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001; telephone number: (703) 305-5561; fax number: (703) 305-1850; email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. or Grier Stayton, SFIREG Executive Secretary, P.O. Box 466, Milford, DE 19963; telephone number (302) 422-8152; fax (302) 422-2435; email address: stayton.grier@email@example.com.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Back to Top
I. General Information Back to Top
A. Does this action apply to me?
You may be potentially affected by this action if you are interested in pesticide regulation issues affecting States and any discussion between EPA and SFIREG on FIFRA field implementation issues related to human health, environmental exposure to pesticides, and insight into EPA's decision-making process. You are invited and encouraged to attend the meetings and participate as appropriate. Potentially affected entities may include, but are not limited to:
Those persons who are or may be required to conduct testing of chemical substances under the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetics Act (FFDCA), or the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) and those who sell, distribute or use pesticides, as well as any Non Government Organization.
This listing is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide for readers regarding entities likely to be affected by this action. Other types of entities not listed in this unit could also be affected. The North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes have been provided to assist you and others in determining whether this action might apply to certain entities. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How can I get copies of this document and other related information?
EPA has established a docket for this action under docket ID number EPA-HQ-OPP-2012-0003. Publicly available docket materials are available either in the electronic docket at http://www.regulations.gov, or, if only available in hard copy, at the Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP) Regulatory Public Docket in Rm. S-4400, One Potomac Yard (South Bldg.), 2777 S. Crystal Dr., Arlington, VA. The hours of operation of this Docket Facility are from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The Docket Facility telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
II. Tentative Agenda Topics Back to Top
1. Office of Pesticide Programs update
2. Office of Compliance and Enforcement update
3. Responses to SFIREG Bed Bug and Endangered Species Act Consultation letters
4. Pollinator Protection issues
5. Methomyl fly bait restricted use classification
6. Pyrethroid Label Changes
7. Regional issues/responses to pre-SFIREG questionnaire
8. Report on “State Regulator in Residence” program—issues and opportunities
9. Tribal certification policy implementation—Issues and information exchange
10. Performance Measures Development
11. Imprelis update/discussion on “down stream” effects of pesticides outside control of applicator (e.g. hot compost, treated irrigation water)
12. Interactions of EPA Regions and State Lead Agencies on:
a. Support for/involvement with
b. Enforcement/compliance efforts
c. Certification/training efforts
d. Environmental programs
e. Registration issues
13. Grant Negotiation Procedures
14. Distributor Label Enforcement coordination
15. Update on progress of referred cases
III. How can I request to participate in this meeting? Back to Top
This meeting is open for the public to attend. You may attend the meeting without further notification.
List of Subjects Environmental protection. Back to Top
Dated: May 5, 2012.
Director, Field External Affairs Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 2012-11971 Filed 5-17-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P