Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed collection; Comments Requested; Federal Firearms Licensee Firearms Inventory Theft/Loss Report
30 Day Notice Of Information Collection Under Review:
Table of Contents Back to Top
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 77, Number 58, page 17503 on March 26, 2012, allowing for a 60-day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until July 2, 2012. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments concerning this information collection should be sent to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, Attn: DOJ Desk Officer. The best way to ensure your comments are received is to email them to email@example.com or fax them to 202-395-7285. All comments should reference the eight digit OMB number or the title of the collection.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Summary of Collection Back to Top
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Federal Firearms Licensee Firearms Inventory Theft/Loss Report.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 3310.11. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Other: Business or other for-profit.
Need for Collection Back to Top
Authorization of this form is requested as the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act requires Federal firearms licensees to report to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and to the appropriate local authorities any theft or loss of a firearm from the licensee's inventory or collection within a specific time frame after the theft or loss is discovered.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 4,000 respondents will complete the form within approximately 24 minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 1,600 total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 2E-508, Washington, DC 20530.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2012-13166 Filed 5-30-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4810-FY-P