Agency Information Collection Activities: Application for Waiver of the Foreign Residence Requirement of Section 212(e) of the Immigration and Nationality Act; Extension, Without Change of a Currently Approved Collection
30 Day Notice Of Information Collection Under Review: Form I 612, Application For Waiver Of The Foreign Residence Requirement Of Section 212(E) Of The Immigration And Nationality Act.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection notice was previously published in the Federal Register on March 23, 2012, at 77 FR 17085, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS did not receive any comments in connection with the 60-day notice.
Table of Contents Back to Top
DATES: Back to Top
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until July 13, 2012. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
ADDRESSES: Back to Top
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) USCIS Desk Officer. Comments may be submitted to: USCIS, Chief Regulatory Coordinator, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, 20 Massachusetts Avenue, Washington, DC 20529-2020. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at 202-395-5806 or via email at email@example.com, or via the Federal eRulemaking Portal Web site at http://www.Regulations.gov under e-Docket ID number USCIS-2008-0012. When submitting comments by email, please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0030 in the subject box.
All submissions received must include the agency name, OMB Control Number and Docket ID. Regardless of the method used for submitting comments or material, all submissions will be posted, without change, to the Federal eRulemaking Portal at http://www.regulations.gov, and will include any personal information you provide. Therefore, submitting this information makes it public. You may wish to consider limiting the amount of personal information that you provide in any voluntary submission you make to DHS. DHS may withhold information provided in comments from public viewing that it determines may impact the privacy of an individual or is offensive. For additional information, please read the Privacy Act notice that is available via the link in the footer of http://www.regulations.gov.
The address listed in this notice should only be used to submit comments concerning this information collection. Please do not submit requests for individual case status inquiries to this address. If you are seeking information about the status of your individual case, please check “My Case Status” online at: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do, or call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this Information Collection Back to Top
(1) Type of Information Collection Request: Extension, without change, of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Waiver of the Foreign Residence Requirement of Section 212(e) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: I-612; U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households; This form will be used by USCIS to determine eligibility for a waiver for those aliens who believe that compliance with foreign residence requirements would impose exceptional hardship on his or her spouse or child who is a citizen of the United States, or a lawful permanent resident; or that returning to the country of his or her nationality or last permanent residence would subject him or her to persecution on account of race, religion, or political opinion.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 1,300 responses at 20 minutes (.333) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 433 Hours.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument with supplementary documents, or need additional information, please visit http://www.regulations.gov.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2020; Telephone 202-272-1470.
Dated: June 8, 2012.
Acting Chief Regulatory Coordinator, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2012-14428 Filed 6-12-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P