Review of Safety Analysis Reports for Nuclear Power Plants, Introduction
Standard Review Plan Draft Section Revision; Request For Comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is soliciting public comment on the addition of a new subsection to NUREG-0800, “Standard Review Plan for the Review of Safety Analysis Reports for Nuclear Power Plants: LWR Edition.” The new subsection is the Standard Review Plan (SRP), “Introduction—Part 2, Standard Review Plan for the Review of Safety Analysis Reports for Nuclear Power Plants: Integral Pressurized Water Reactor (iPWR) Edition.”
Table of Contents Back to Top
DATES: Back to Top
Comments must be filed by March 25, 2013. Comments received after this date will be considered, if it is practical to do so, but the Commission is able to ensure consideration only for comments received on or before this date.
ADDRESSES: Back to Top
You may access information and comment submissions related to this document, which the NRC possesses and are publicly available, by searching on http://www.regulations.gov under Docket ID NRC-2012-0268. You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2012-0268. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher; telephone: 301-492-3668; email: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov.
- Mail comments to: Cindy Bladey, Chief, Rules, Announcements, and Directives Branch (RADB), Office of Administration, Mail Stop: TWB-05-B01M, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
- Fax comments to: RADB at 301-492-3446.
For additional direction on accessing information and submitting comments, see “Accessing Information and Submitting Comments” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Back to Top
Amy E. Cubbage, Office of New Reactors, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone at 301-415-2875 or email at Amy.Cubbage@nrc.gov.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Back to Top
I. Accessing Information and Submitting Comments Back to Top
A. Accessing Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2012-0268 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information regarding this document. You may access information related to this document, which the NRC possesses and are publicly available, by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2012-0268.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may access publicly available documents online in the NRC Library at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The ADAMS accession number for each document referenced in this document (if that document is available in ADAMS) is provided the first time that a document is referenced. The SRP, subsection Introduction—Part 2 is under ADAMS Accession No. ML12142A237.
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2012-0268 in the subject line of your comment submission, in order to ensure that the NRC is able to make your comment submission available to the public in this docket.
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. The NRC will post all comment submissions at http://www.regulations.gov as well as enter the comment submissions into ADAMS. The NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the NRC, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment submissions into ADAMS.
II. Further Information Back to Top
The NRC seeks public comment on a proposed new SRP subsection entitled “Introduction—Part 2, Standard Review Plan for the Review of Safety Analysis Reports for Nuclear Power Plants: Integral Pressurized Water (iPWR) Edition.” This subsection has been developed to assist NRC staff with the review of certain iPWR applications for Design Certifications or Combined Licenses made under part 52 of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR), and to inform new reactor applicants and other affected entities of proposed SRP guidance for an acceptable method of implementation of a risk-informed and integrated review framework for iPWRs.
Following NRC staff evaluation of public comments, the NRC intends to incorporate the final approved guidance into the next revision of NUREG 0800.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 9th day of January 2013.
For the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Amy E. Cubbage,
Chief, Policy Branch, Division of Advanced Reactors and Rulemaking, Office of New Reactors.
[FR Doc. 2013-01143 Filed 1-18-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P