Agency Information Collection Activities: Petition To Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative, Form I-600; Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition, Form I-600A; Listing of Adult Member of the Household, Supplement 1; Revision of a Currently Approved Collection
30 Day Notice.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection notice was previously published in the Federal Register on October 30, 2012, at 77 FR 65709, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS did receive two comments in connection with the 60-day notice.
Table of Contents Back to Top
DATES: Back to Top
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until February 27, 2013. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
ADDRESSES: Back to Top
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, must be directed to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via email at email@example.com. The comments submitted to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer may also be submitted to DHS via the Federal eRulemaking Portal Web site at http://www.regulations.gov under e-Docket ID number USCIS-2008-0020 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions received must include the agency name and the OMB Control Number 1615-0028.
Regardless of the method used for submitting comments or material, all submissions will be posted, without change, to the Federal eRulemaking Portal at www.regulations.gov, and will include any personal information you provide. Therefore, submitting this information makes it public. You may wish to consider limiting the amount of personal information that you provide in any voluntary submission you make to DHS. For additional information please read the Privacy Act notice that is available via the link in the footer of www.regulations.gov.
The address listed in this notice should only be used to submit comments concerning this information collection. Please do not submit requests for individual case status inquiries to this address. If you are seeking information about the status of your individual case, please check “My Case Status” online at: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/ Dashboard.do, or call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection Back to Top
(1) Type of Information Collection Request: Revision of a Currently Approved Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative; Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition; Listing of Adult Member of the Household.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the DHS sponsoring the collection: Form I-600, Form I-600A and Supplement 1; USCIS.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. USCIS uses Form I-600 to determine whether a child alien is an eligible orphan. Form I-600A is used to streamline the procedure for advance processing of orphan petitions. Supplement 1 is to be completed by every adult member (age 18 and older), who lives in the home of the prospective adoptive parent(s), except for the spouse of the applicant/petitioner.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond:
—Form I-600 respondents estimated at 3,277. The estimated average burden per response is .50 hours (30 minutes).
—Form I-600A respondents estimated at (4,699). The estimated average burden per response is .50 hours (30 minutes).
—Supplement 1 respondents estimated at (2,500). The estimated average burden per response is .25 hours (15 minutes).
—Biometrics Respondents estimated at (20,000). The estimated average burden per response is 1.17 hours.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 28,013.
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument with supplementary documents, or need additional information, please visit http://www.regulations.gov. We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Office of Policy and Strategy, Regulatory Coordination Division, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529; Telephone 202-272-8377.
Dated: January 23, 2013.
Chief,Regulatory Coordination Division,Office of Policy and Strategy,U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services,Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2013-01727 Filed 1-25-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P