Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comments Requested: Annual Reporting Requirement for Manufacturers of Listed Chemicals
30 Day Notice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 77, Number 227, pages 70472-70473 on November 26, 2012, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until March 1, 2013. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10. Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-7285. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection Back to Top
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Annual Reporting Requirement for Manufacturers of Listed Chemicals.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Form number: None. Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Abstract: This information collection permits the Drug Enforcement Administration to monitor the volume and availability of domestically manufactured listed chemicals. These listed chemicals may be subject to diversion for the illicit production of controlled substances. This information collection is required by law.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that there are one hundred (100) total respondents for this information collection. One hundred (100) persons respond at 1 hour per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: It is estimated that there are 100 annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3W-1407B, Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: January 24, 2013.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2013-01874 Filed 1-29-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-P