U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to OMB and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 140, “Financial Protection Requirements and Indemnity Agreements”.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0039.
3. How often the collection is required: As necessary in order for NRC to meet its responsibilities called for in Section 170 and 193 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended (the Act).
4. Who is required or asked to report: Licensees authorized to operate reactor facilities in accordance with 10 CFR part 50 and licensees authorized to construct and operate a uranium enrichment facility in accordance with 10 CFR parts 40 and 70.
5. The number of annual respondents: Approximately 178.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 821.
7. Abstract: 10 CFR part 140 of the NRC's regulations specified information required to be submitted by licensees to enable the NRC to assess (a) the financial protection required of licensees and for the indemnification and limitation of liability of certain licensees and other persons pursuant to Section 170 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended, and (b) the liability insurance required of uranium enrichment facility licensees pursuant to Section 193 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended.
Submit, by March 20, 2000, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, 2120 L Street, NW (lower level), Washington, DC. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide web site (http://www.nrc.gov/NRC/PUBLIC/OMB/index.html). The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Brenda Jo. Shelton, US Nuclear Regulatory Commission, T-6 E6, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7233, or by Internet electronic mail at BJS1@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 11th day of January 2000.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 00-1039 Filed 1-14-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P