U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 55, “Operators’ Licenses.”
3. The form number if applicable: Not Applicable.
4. How often the collection is required: As necessary for NRC to meet its responsibilities to determine the eligibility of applicants for operators' licenses, prepare or review initial operator licensing and requalification examinations, and perform a review of applications and reports for simulation facilities submitted to the NRC.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Holders of and applicants for facility (i.e., nuclear power, research, and test reactor) operating licenses and individual operators' licenses.
6. An estimate of the number of responses: 507.
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 106.
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 25,937 (approximately 19,840 hours of reporting burden and approximately 6,097 hours of recordkeeping burden).
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: Not applicable.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR Part 55, “Operators' ” “Licenses,” of the NRC's regulations, specifies information and data to be provided by applicants and facility licensees so that the NRC may make determinations concerning the licensing and requalification of operators for nuclear reactors, as necessary to promote public health and safety. The reporting and recordkeeping requirements contained in 10 CFR Part 55 are mandatory for the licensees and applicants affected.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, 2120 L Street, NW (lower level), Washington, DC. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide web site (http://www.nrc.gov/NRC/PUBLIC/OMB/index.html). The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by March 17, 2000. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date. Erik Godwin, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0018), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 10th day of February, 2000.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 00-3627 Filed 2-15-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P