The Superintendent of Lake Clark National Park and Preserve and the Chair of the Lake Clark Subsistence Resource Commission announce a forthcoming meeting of the Subsistence Resource Commission for Lake Clark National Park. The following agenda items will be discussed:
(1) Call to order.
(2) Roll call—Confirm Quorum.
(4) Superintendent's welcome.
(5) Additions, corrections and agenda approval.
(6) Approval of SRC meeting minutes.
(7) SRC Purpose and Role.
(8) Status of Membership.
(9) Park Subsistence Coordinator's Report.
(10) Report on October 1999 Chair Workshop.
(11) Old Business.
(a) Status of Lake Clark Subsistence Management Plan.
(b) 1999 Federal Subsistence Board Action—Proposal #35 Unit 9B Moose.
(12) New Business.
(a) Update on 2000-2001 Federal Subsistence Board Proposals.
(1) Proposal #31—Unit 9B Brown Bear.
(2) Proposal #32—Unit 9B Black Bear/Brown Bears.
(3) Proposal #39—Unit 9B Beaver.
(13) Federal Subsistence Fisheries Management Report.
(14) Agency Reports and Public Comments.
(15) Election of Officers.
(b) Vice Chair.
(16) SRC Work Session—Prepare correspondence/recommendations.
(17) Set time and place of next meeting.
The meeting will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, February 29, 2000 and conclude around 4:30 p.m. In accordance with 41 CFR 101-6.1015(b), we are providing less than 15 days notice in the Federal Register because of the following exceptional circumstances:
a. Winter conditions prevented the commission from meeting on February 3, 2000.
b. The need to convene the commission prior to the Bristol Bay Regional Subsistence Advisory Council meeting (March 2000).
The meeting will be held at the Nondalton Community Hall, Nondalton, Alaska. Phone (907) 294-2288.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Deb Liggett, Superintendent, or Lee Fink, Chief of Operations, Lake Clark National Park and Preserve, 4230 University Drive, Suite 311, Anchorage, Alaska 99508, Phone (907) 271-3751 or Karen Stickman, Subsistence Coordinator, 1 Park Place, Port Alsworth, Alaska 99653, Phone (907) 781-2218.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Subsistence Resource Commissions are authorized under Title VIII, Section 808, of the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act, Pub. L. 96-487, and operate in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Advisory Committees Act. Note that under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), transcripts of any person giving public comments may be made available under a FOIA request.Start Signature
Deputy Regional Director.
[FR Doc. 00-4629 Filed 2-25-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4310-70-P