Notice of application.
The Office of Export Trading Company Affairs (“OETCA”), International Trade Administration, Department of Commerce, has received an application for an Export Trade Certificate of Review. This notice summarizes the conduct for which certification is sought and requests comments relevant to whether the Certificate should be issued.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Morton Schnabel, Director, Office of Export Trading Company Affairs, International Trade Administration, (202) 482-5131 (this is not a toll-free number) or E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Title III of the Export Trading Company Act of Start Printed Page 156171982 (15 U.S.C. 4001-21) authorizes the Secretary of Commerce to issue Export Trade Certificates of Review. A Certificate of Review protects the holder and the members identified in the Certificate from state and federal government antitrust actions and from private, treble damage antitrust actions for the export conduct specified in the Certificate and carried out in compliance with its terms and conditions. Section 302(b)(1) of the Act and 15 CFR 325.6(a) require the Secretary to publish a notice in the Federal Register identifying the applicant and summarizing its proposed export conduct.
Request for Public Comments
Interested parties may submit written comments relevant to the determination whether a Certificate should be issued. If the comments include any privileged or confidential business information, it must be clearly marked and a nonconfidential version of the comments (identified as such) should be included. Any comments not marked privileged or confidential business information will be deemed to be nonconfidential. An original and five copies, plus two copies of the nonconfidential version, should be submitted no later than 20 days after the date of this notice to: Office of Export Trading Company Affairs, International Trade Administration, Department of Commerce, Room 1104H, Washington, D.C. 20230, or transmit by E-mail at email@example.com. Information submitted by any person is exempt from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. 552). However, nonconfidential versions of the comments will be made available to the applicant if necessary for determining whether or not to issue the Certificate. Comments should refer to this application as “Export Trade Certificate of Review, application number 00-00001.” A summary of the application follows.
Summary of the Application
Applicant: North America Export Trading, LLC (“NAXT”), 28746 Calle Vista, Laguna Niguel, California 92677. Contact: Sharleen Maldonado, President, Telephone: (562) 434-5408.
Application No.: 00-00001.
Date Deemed Submitted: March 13, 2000.
Members (in addition to applicant): None.
North America Export Trading, LLC seeks a Certificate to cover the following specific Export Trade, Export Markets, and Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operations.
1. Products—All products.
2. Services—All services.
3. Technology Rights—Technology Rights, including, but not limited to, patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets that relate to Products and Services.
4. Export Trade Facilitation Services (as they Relate to the Export of Products, Services and Technology Rights)—Export Trade Facilitation Services, including, but not limited to: professional services in the areas of government relations and assistance with state and federal export programs; foreign trade and business protocol; consulting; market research and analysis; collection of information on trade opportunities; marketing; negotiations; joint ventures; shipping and export management; export licensing; advertising; grantsmanship; documentation and services related to compliance with customs requirements; insurance and financing; bonding; warehousing; export trade promotion; trade show exhibitions and organization; organizational development; management and labor strategies; transfer of technology; transportation; and facilitating the formation of shippers' associations.
The Export Markets include all parts of the world except the United States, (the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands).
The proposed Export Trade Certificate of Review would extend antitrust protection to NAXT to conduct the following export trade activities:
1. Provide and/or arrange for the provision of Export Trade Facilitation Services;
2. Engage in promotion and marketing activities and collect and distribute information on trade opportunities in Mexico, Latin America, and all other Export Markets allowable;
3. Enter into exclusive and/or non-exclusive agreements with distributors, foreign buyers, and/or sales representatives in Export Markets;
4. Enter into exclusive or non-exclusive sales agreements with Suppliers, Export Intermediaries, or other persons for the sale of Products, and Services;
5. Enter into exclusive or non-exclusive licensing agreements with Suppliers, Export Intermediaries, or other persons for licensing Technology Rights in Export Markets;
6. Allocate export orders among Suppliers;
7. Allocate the sales, export order and/or divide Export Markets, among Suppliers, Export Intermediaries, or other persons for the sale and maintenance of Products and Services;
8. Allocate the licensing of Technology Rights among Suppliers, Export Intermediaries, or other persons;
9. Establish the price of Products and Services for sale in Export Markets;
10. Establish the fee for licensing of Technology Rights in Export Markets, as well as maintenance and financing commitments;
11. Negotiate, enter into, and/or manage licensing agreements and long-term purchase arrangements involving the export of Technology;
12. Provide extensive intergovernmental services to facilitate the grants and funding involvement of public and nongovernmental funding sources for private sector benefits in term of export activity for goods and services.Start Signature
Dated: March 20, 2000.
Director, Office of Export Trading Company Affairs.
[FR Doc. 00-7235 Filed 3-22-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-DR-P