Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Treasury.
Correction of final regulations.
This document contains corrections to final regulations which were published in the Federal Register on Monday, February 7, 2000 (65 FR 5777), relating to a passive foreign investment company (PFIC) shareholder that makes the election under section 1295 to treat the PFIC as a qualified electing fund, and for PFIC shareholders that wish to make a section 1295 election that will apply on a retroactive basis.
This correction is effective February 7, 2000.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Margaret A. Fung, (202) 622-3840 (not a toll-free number).End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The final regulations that are the subject of these corrections are under sections 1291, 1293, 1295 and 1298 of the Internal Revenue Code.
Need for Correction
As published, the final regulations (TD 8870) contain errors that are in need of clarification.
Correction of PublicationStart Amendment Part
Accordingly, the publication of the final regulations (TD 8870), which were the subject of FR Doc. 00-1892, is corrected as follows:End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 1—[CORRECTED]End Part Start Amendment Part
1. On page 5779, beginning in column 1, instructional Paragraph 1, and the authority citation are corrected to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
Paragraph 1. The authority citation for part 1 is amended by removing the entries for 1.1291-1T, 1.1293-1T, 1.1295-1T, and 1.1295-3T, and by adding entries in numerical order to read in part as follows:End Amendment Part
2. On page 5779, column 2, a new instructional paragraph 2a. is added to read as follows:
Par. 2a. Section 1.1293-0 is amended by:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
1. Removing the reference “1.1293-1T” in the introductory text of the section and adding “1.1293-1” in its place.End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
2. Removing the “T” and the parenthetical “(temporary)” from the entry for § 1.1293-1T.End Amendment Part
3. On page 5779, column 2, instruction 5 of instructional Par. 4. is corrected by removing the reference “1.195-3”, and adding “1.1295-3” in its place.End Amendment Part Start Signature
Dale D. Goode,
Federal Register Liaison, Assistant Chief Counsel (Corporate).
[FR Doc. 00-6257 Filed 3-27-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4830-01-U