Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 140, “Financial Protection Requirements and Indemnity Agreements.”
3. The form number if applicable: Not applicable.
4. How often the collection is required: As necessary in order for NRC to meet its responsibilities called for in Sections 170 and 193 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended (the Act).
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Licensees authorized to operate reactor facilities in accordance with 10 CFR Part 50 and licensees authorized to construct and operate a uranium enrichment facility in accordance with 10 CFR Parts 40 and 70.
6. An estimate of the number of responses: Approximately one each for 178 licensees.
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 178.
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 821.
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: Not applicable.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR Part 140 of the NRC's regulations specifies information required to be submitted by licensees to enable the NRC to assess (a) The financial protection required of licensees and for the indemnification and limitation of liability of certain licensees and other persons pursuant to Section 170 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended, and (b) the liability insurance required of uranium enrichment facility licensees pursuant to Section 193 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, amended.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, 2120 L Street, NW (lower level), Washington, DC. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide web site (http://www.nrc.gov/NRC/PUBLIC/OMB/index.html). The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice. Start Printed Page 17905
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by May 5, 2000. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date. Erik Godwin, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0039), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 30th day of March 2000.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Office, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 00-8334 Filed 4-4-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-U