Food and Drug Administration, HHS.
Final rule; technical amendments.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is amending its regulations to reflect a correct footnote and a part heading. This action is being taken to improve the accuracy of the regulations.
April 10, 2000.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
LaJuana D. Caldwell, Office of Policy, Planning, and Legislation (HF-27), Food and Drug Administration, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20857.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
FDA has discovered that errors have been incorporated into the agency's codified regulations for 21 CFR parts 211 and 720. This document corrects those errors. Publication of this document constitutes final action under the Administrative Procedure Act (5 U.S.C. 553). FDA has determined that notice and public comment are unnecessary because this amendment is nonsubstantive.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Packaging and containers
- Prescription drugs
- Reporting and recordkeeping requirements
- Confidential business information
Therefore, under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and under authority delegated to the Commissioner of Food and Drugs, 21 CFR parts 211 and 720 are amended as follows:End Amendment Part Start Part Start Printed Page 18889
PART 211—CURRENT GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICE FOR FINISHED PHARMACEUTICALSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for 21 CFR part 211 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part
2. Section 211.194 Laboratory records is amended by removing in paragraph (a)(2) and its footnote the number “2” and by adding in their place the number “1”.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 720—VOLUNTARY FILING OF COSMETIC PRODUCT INGREDIENT COMPOSITION STATEMENTSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
3. The authority citation for 21 CFR part 720 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
4. The heading for part 720 is revised to read as set forth above.End Amendment Part Start Signature
Dated: March 31, 2000.
Margaret M. Dotzel,
Acting Associate Commissioner for Policy.
[FR Doc. 00-8716 Filed 4-7-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4160-01-F