U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to OMB and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of Information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: Applicant Self-Assessment Form.
2. Current OMB approval number: NRC Form 563.
3. How often is the collection required: On-going.
4. Who will be required or asked to report: Basically qualified external applicants applying for engineering and scientific positions with the NRC.
5. The number of annual respondents: 1,200.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 100 hours (five minutes per response).
7. Abstract: The Applicant Self-Assessment will be used to collect uniform information from external applicants as to which technical specialties they possess that are unique to the needs of the NRC. This information will be reviewed by Office of Human Resources staff and used to match applicants' technical specialties with those required by selecting officials when an engineering or scientific vacancy position is to be filled.
Submit, by June 26, 2000, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, 2120 L Street, NW. (lower level), Washington, DC. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide web site (http://www.nrc.gov/NRC/PUBLIC/OMB/index.html). The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Brenda Jo. Shelton, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, T-6 E6, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7233, or by Internet electronic mail at BJS1@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 19th day of April 2000.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 00-10295 Filed 4-24-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P