In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 Start Printed Page 26246U.S.C. Chapter 35), the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) has submitted the following proposal(s) for the collection of information to the Office of Management and Budget for review and approval.
Summary of Proposal(s)
(1) Collection title: Repayment of Debt.
(2) Form(s) submitted: G-421f.
(3) OMB Number: 3220-0169.
(4) Expiration date of current OMB clearance: 6/30/2000.
(5) Type of request: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(6) Respondents: Individuals or households.
(7) Estimated annual number of respondents: 300.
(8) Total annual responses: 300.
(9) Total annual reporting hours: 25.
(10) Collection description: Section 2 of the Railroad Retirement Act provides for payment of annuities to retired or disabled railroad employees, their spouses, and eligible survivors. When the RRB determines that an overpayment of RRA benefits has occurred, it initiates prompt action to notify the claimant of the overpayment and to recover the amount owed. The collection obtains information needed to allow for repayment by the claimant by credit card, in addition to the customary form of payment by check or money order.
Additional Information or Comments
Copies of the forms and supporting documents can be obtained from Chuck Mierzwa, the agency clearance officer (312-751-3363). Comments regarding the information collection should be addressed to Ronald J. Hodapp, Railroad Retirement Board, 844 North Rush Street, Chicago, Illinois, 60611-2092 and the OMB reviewer, Joe Lackey (202-395-7316), Office of Management and Budget, Room 10230, New Executive Office Building, Washington, DC 20503.Start Signature
[FR Doc. 00-11219 Filed 5-4-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7905-01-M