Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 150, “Exemptions and Continued Regulatory Authority in Agreement States and in Offshore Waters under Section 274”.
3. The form number, if applicable: Not applicable.
4. How often the collection is required:
10 CFR 150.16(b), 150.17(c), and 150.19(c) require the submission of reports following specified events, such as the theft or unlawful diversion of licensed radioactive material. The source material inventory reports required under 10 CFR 150.17(b) must be submitted annually by certain licensees.
5. Who is required or asked to report:
Agreement State licensees authorized to possess source or special nuclear material at certain types of facilities, or at any one time and location in greater than specified amounts.
6. An estimate of the number of responses: 12.
7. The number of annual respondents: 9 Agreement State licensees.
8. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 35 hours.
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: Not applicable.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR Part 150 provides certain exemptions from NRC regulations for persons in Agreement States. Part 150 also defines activities in Agreement States and in offshore waters over which NRC regulatory authority continues, including certain information collection requirements. The information is needed to permit NRC to make reports to other governments and the International Atomic Energy Agency in accordance with international agreements. The information is also used to carry out NRC's safeguards and inspection programs.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, 2120 L Street, NW (lower level), Washington, DC. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide web site (http://www.nrc.gov/NRC/PUBLIC/OMB/index.html). The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer by August 14, 2000: Erik Godwin, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0032), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 7th day of July, 2000.Start Printed Page 43382
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Beth C. St. Mary,
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 00-17769 Filed 7-12-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P