Research and Special Programs Administration (RSPA), DOT.
Final rule; corrections.
This document contains corrections to a final rule (RSPA-00-7755 (HM-189Q)), which was published in the Federal Register on Friday, September 29, 2000. That final rule amended the Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) to correct editorial errors, make minor regulatory changes and, in response to requests for clarification, improve the clarity of certain provisions in the HMR.
October 1, 2000.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Charles E. Betts, Office of Hazardous Materials Standards, (202) 366-8553, Research and Special Programs Administration, U.S. Department of Transportation, 400 Seventh Street, SW., Washington, DC 20590-0001.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
On September 29, 2000, RSPA published a final rule under Docket HM-189Q (65 FR 58614) to correct editorial errors, make minor regulatory changes and, in response to requests for clarification, improve the clarity of certain provisions in the HMR. This amendment makes minor changes to correct wording omissions and typographical errors to the September 29 final rule, which was effective October 1, 2000.
Because the amendments do not impose new requirements, notice and public comment are unnecessary.
CorrectionStart Amendment Part
In rule document 00-24633, beginning on page 58614, in the issue of Friday, September 29, 2000, make the following corrections:End Amendment Part Start Part
1. On page 58620, in column 3, in § 172.101, in paragraph (g), in line two, correct the wording “§ 173.248” to read “§ 173.428”.End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
2. On page 58624, in § 172.101, in the table, for the entry “End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
3. On the same page, in § 172.101, in the table, for the entry “Phenylenediamines (End Amendment Part
4. On page 58626, in column 3, in § 172.403, in paragraph (a), in line 2, remove the two asterisks “**” immediately following the two section symbols.End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
5. On the same page, in column 3, in § 172.403, in paragraph (g)(2), in the last line, correct the wording “(uCi))” to read “(uCi)”.End Amendment Part Start Part Start Printed Page 60383
6. On page 58628, in column 3, in § 173.7, in paragraph (e), in line 13, add the wording “packages of these” immediately before the wording “materials owned”.End Amendment Part
7. On page 58629, in column 2, in amendatory instruction 41.b., in the fourth line, correct “§ 178.83(b)” to read “§ 176.83(b)”.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 177—[CORRECTED]End Part
8. On page 58631, in column 1, in § 177.835, correct paragraph (g)(3) introductory text to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(g) * * *
(3) It is packed and loaded in accordance with a method approved by the Department. One method approved by the Department requires that—
Issued in Washington, DC, on October 4, 2000, under authority delegated in 49 CFR part 1.
John P. Murray,
Acting Deputy Administrator, Research and Special Programs Administration.
[FR Doc. 00-26000 Filed 10-10-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-60-P