Bureau of Land Management, Interior.
Segregation Terminated, Recreation and Public Purpose Lease/Conveyance.
The following described public land in Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada was segregated for exchange purposes on October 19, 1995 under serial number N-60073; on July 23, 1997 under serial number N-61855; and on July 23, 1997 under serial number N-66364. These exchange segregations will be terminated upon publication of this notice in the Federal Register. The land has been examined and found suitable for lease/conveyance for recreational or public purposes under the provisions of the Recreation and Public Purposes Act, as amended (43 U.S.C. 869 et seq.). Clark County School District proposes to use the land for a middle school.
Mount Diablo Meridian, Nevada
T. 22 S., R. 60 E.,
Sec. 11, W1/2NW1/4SE1/4.
Containing 20.0 acres, more or less, located at Torrey Pines Drive and W. Robindale Road.
The land is not required for any federal purpose. The lease/conveyance is consistent with current Bureau planning for this area and would be in the public interest. The lease/patents, when issued, will be subject to the provisions of the Recreation and Public Purposes Act and applicable regulations of the Secretary of the Interior, and will contain the following reservations to the United States:
1. A right-of-way thereon for ditches or canals constructed by the authority of the United States, Act of August 30, 1890 (43 U.S.C. 945).
2. All minerals shall be reserved to the United States, together with the right to prospect for, mine and remove such deposits from the same under applicable law and such regulations as the Secretary of the Interior may prescribe and will be subject to:
1. Easements in accordance with the Clark County Transportation Plan.
2. Those rights for sewer pipeline purposes which have been granted to Clark County Sanitation District by Permit No. N-62347 under the Act of October 21, 1976 (43 USC 1761).
3. Those rights for roadway purposes which have been granted to Clark County by Permit N-62893 under the Act of October 21, 1976 (43 USC 1761).
4. Those rights for water pipeline purposes which have been granted to Las Vegas Valley Water District by Permit No. N-63109 under the Act of October 21, 1976 (43 USC 1761).
Detailed information concerning this action is available for review at the office of the Bureau of Land Management, Las Vegas Field Office, 4765 Vegas Drive, Las Vegas, Nevada.
Upon publication of this notice in the Federal Register, the above described land will be segregated from all other forms of appropriation under the public land laws, including the general mining laws, except for lease/conveyance under the Recreation and Public Purposes Act, leasing under the mineral leasing laws, and disposal under the mineral material disposal laws. For a period of 45 days from the date of publication of this notice in the Federal Register, interested parties may submit comments regarding the proposed lease/conveyance for classification of the lands to the Las Vegas Field Manager, Las Vegas Field Office, 4765 Vegas Drive, Las Vegas, Nevada 89108.
Classification Comments: Interested parties may submit comments involving the suitability of the land for a middle school. Comments on the classification are restricted to whether the land is physically suited for the proposal, whether the use will maximize the future use or uses of the land, whether the use is consistent with local planning and zoning, or if the use is consistent with State and Federal programs.
Application Comments: Interested parties may submit comments regarding the specific use proposed in the application and plan of development, whether the BLM followed proper administrative procedures in reaching the decision, or any other factor not directly related to the suitability of the land for a middle school. Any adverse comments will be reviewed by the State Director. In the absence of any adverse comments, the classification of the land described in this Notice will become effective 60 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register. The lands will not be offered for lease/conveyance until after the classification becomes effective.Start Signature
Dated: November 14, 2000.
Assistant Field Manager, Division of Lands, Las Vegas, NV.
[FR Doc. 00-29796 Filed 11-20-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4510-HC-P