This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Department of Veterans Affairs.
Final rule; technical corrections.
In a document published in the Federal Register on November 9, 2000 (65 FR 67265), we amended the regulations concerning eligibility for and entitlement to educational assistance under the Montgomery GI Bill—Active Duty (MGIB). This document makes technical corrections to eliminate duplicate numbering of paragraphs and to correct typographical errors.
Effective Date: This final rule is effective December 21, 2000.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
William G. Susling, Jr., Assistant Director for Policy and Program Development (225), Veterans Benefits Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs, (202) 273-7187.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This document merely makes technical corrections. Accordingly, there is a basis for dispensing with prior notice-and-comment and a delayed effective date under 5 U.S.C. 552 and 553.
The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance number for the program affected by this final rule is 64.124.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 38 CFR Part 21
- Administrative practice and procedure
- Armed forces
- Civil rights
- Colleges and universities
- Conflict of interests
- Defense Department
- Grant programs-education
- Grant programs-veterans
- Health care
- Loan programs-education
- Loan programs-veterans
- Manpower training programs
- Reporting and recordkeeping requirements
- Travel and transportation expenses
- Vocational education
- Vocational rehabilitation
Thomas O. Gessel,
Director, Office of Regulations Management.
1. On page 67266, in the second column, correct amendatory instruction 3.E. concerning § 21.7042 by removing “(10)” and adding, in its place, “(11)” and by removing “(9)” and adding, in its place, “(10)”.End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
2. On the same page, in the same column, in § 21.7042, in the introductory text of paragraph (b)(2) and in the paragraph number of the paragraph added by amendatory instruction 3.E., remove “(10)” and add, in its place, “(11)”.End Amendment Part
3. On the same page, in the third column, correct amendatory instruction 4.D. concerning § 21.7044 by removing “paragraph (d)” and adding, in its place, “Paragraph (d)” and by removing “paragraph (c)” and adding, in its place, “Paragraph (c)”.End Amendment Part End Supplemental Information
[FR Doc. 00-32599 Filed 12-20-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 8320-01-P