This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
U.S. Contribution to the Korea Peninsula Energy Development Organization (KEDO): Certification and Waiver Under the Heading ``Nonproliferation, Anti-Terrorism, Demining and Related Programs'' in Title II of the Foreign Operations, Export Financing, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2001, as Enacted in Public Law 106-429
Memorandum for the Secretary of State
Pursuant to section 572(b) of the Foreign Operations, Export Financing, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2001, (the ``Act'') (Public Law 106-429), I hereby certify that:
(1) the parties to the Agreed Framework have taken and continue to take demonstrable steps to implement the Joint Declaration on Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula in which the Government of North Korea has committed not to test, manufacture, produce, receive, possess, store, deploy, or use nuclear weapons, and not to possess nuclear reprocessing or uranium enrichment facilities;
(2) the parties to the Agreed Framework have taken and continue to take demonstrable steps to pursue the North-South dialogue;
(3) North Korea is complying with all provisions of the Agreed Framework;
(6) North Korea is complying with its commitments regarding access to suspect underground construction at Kumchang-ni; and
(8) the United States is continuing to make significant progress on eliminating the North Korean ballistic missle threat, including further missle tests and its ballistic missle exports.
Pursuant to the authority vested in me by section 572(c) of the Act, I hereby determine that it is vital to the national security interests of the United States to waive the certification requirements of section 572(b) of the Act with respect to paragraphs (4), (5), and (7) of section 572(b) and therefore hereby waive those three certification requirements in order to furnish up to $55 million in funds made available under the heading ``Nonproliferation, Anti-terrorism, Demining and Related Programs'' of the Act, for assistance for KEDO.Start Printed Page 2194
You are hereby authorized and directed to report this certification and waiver and the accompanying Memorandum of Justification to the Congress and to arrange for publication of the certification and waiver in the Federal Register.wj THE WHITE HOUSE, Washington, January 3, 2001 Filed 01-10-01; 8:45 am]
[FR Doc. 01-1061
Billing code 4710-10-M