Notice of Information Collection under Review: National Interest Waivers; Supplemental Evident to I-140 and I-485.
The Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Start Printed Page 7509Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on September 6, 2000 at 65 FR 53889, allowing for a 60-day public review and comment period. No comments were received by the INS on this proposed information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until February 22, 2001. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, 725-17th Street, NW., Room 10235, Washington, DC 20530; Attention: Lauren Wittenberg, Department of Justice Desk Officer; 202-395-4318.
Written comments and suggestions form the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Types of Information Collection: New information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: National Interest Waivers; Supplemental Evidence to I-140 and I-485.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: No Agency Form Number (File No. OMB-22), Adjudications Division, Immigration and Naturalization Service.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. The information collected via the submitted supplemental documentation will be used by the Immigration and Naturalization Service to determine eligibility for the requested national interest waiver and to finalize the request for adjustment to lawful permanent resident status.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 8,000 responses at 1 hour per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 8,000 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please contact Richard A. Sloan, 202-514-3291, Director, Policy Directives and Instructions Branch, Immigration and Naturalization Service, U.S. Department of Justice, Room 4034, 425 I Street, NW., Washington, DC 20536. Additionally, comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time may also be directed to Mr. Richard A. Sloan.
If additional information is required contact: Mr. Robert B. Briggs, Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, 1331 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW., Suite 1220, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: January 17, 2001.
Richard A. Sloan,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service.
[FR Doc. 01-1994 Filed 1-22-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-M