Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
This notice announces Agency approval of applications submitted by Bayer Corporation, to conditionally register the pesticide products Everest Technical, Everest 70% Water Dispersible Granular Herbicide in Water-Soluble Packets, and Everest 70% Water Dispersible Granular Herbicide containing a new active ingredient not included in any previously registered products pursuant to the provisions of section 3(c)(7)(C) of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), as amended.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
By mail: Susan L. Stanton, Registration Division (7505C), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460; telephone number: (703) 305-5218; e-mail address: email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?
You may be affected by this action if you are an agricultural producer, food manufacturer, or pesticide manufacturer. Potentially affected categories and entities may include, but are not limited to:
|Categories||NAICS codes||Examples of potentially affected entities|
This listing is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide for readers regarding entities likely to be affected by this action. Other types of entities not listed in the table could also be affected. The North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes have been provided to assist you and others in determining whether or not this action might apply to certain entities. If you have questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Additional Information, Including Copies of this Document and Other Related Documents?
1. Electronically. You may obtain electronic copies of this document, and certain other related documents that might be available electronically, from the EPA Internet Home Page at http://www.epa.gov/. To access this document, on the Home Page select “Laws and Regulations,” “Regulations and Proposed Rules,” and then look up the entry for this document under the “Federal Register—Environmental Documents.” You can also go directly to the Federal Register listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.
To access a fact sheet which provides more detail on this registration, go to the Home Page for the Office of Pesticide Programs at http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/, and select “fact sheet.”
2. In person. The Agency has established an official record for this action under docket control number OPP-30482B. The official record consists of the documents specifically referenced in this action, any public comments received during an applicable comment period, and other information related to this action, including any information claimed as Confidential Business Information (CBI). This official record includes the documents that are physically located in the docket, as well as the documents that are referenced in those documents. The public version of the official record does not include any information claimed as CBI. The public version of the official record, which includes printed, paper versions of any electronic comments submitted during an applicable comment period, is available for inspection in the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Rm. 119, Crystal Mall# 2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The PIRIB telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
In accordance with section 3(c)(2) of FIFRA, a copy of the approved label, the list of data references, the data and other scientific information used to support registration, except for material specifically protected by section 10 of FIFRA, are available for public inspection in the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch, Information Resources and Services Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, Arlington, VA (703) 305-5805. Requests for data must be made in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act and must be addressed to the Freedom of Information Office (A-101), 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460. Such requests should: Identify the product name and registration number and specify the data or information desired.
A paper copy of the fact sheet, which provides more detail on this registration, may be obtained from the National Technical Information Service (NTIS), 5285 Port Royal Road, Springfield, VA 22161.
II. Did EPA Conditionally Approve the Application?
A conditional registration may be granted under section 3(c)(7)(C) of FIFRA for a new active ingredient where certain data are lacking, on condition that such data are received by the end of the conditional registration period and do not meet or exceed the risk criteria set forth in 40 CFR 154.7; that Start Printed Page 11030use of the pesticide during the conditional registration period will not cause unreasonable adverse effects; and that use of the pesticide is in the public interest. The Agency has considered the available data on the risks associated with the proposed use of Flucarbazone-Sodium, and information on social, economic, and environmental benefits to be derived from such use. Specifically, the Agency has considered the nature and its pattern of use, application methods and rates, and level and extent of potential exposure. Based on these reviews, the Agency was able to make basic health and safety determinations which show that use of Flucarbazone-Sodium during the period of conditional registration will not cause any unreasonable adverse effect on the environment, and that use of the pesticide is, in the public interest.
Consistent with section 3(c)(7)(C) of FIFRA, the Agency has determined that these conditional registrations are in the public interest. Use of the pesticides are of significance to the user community, and appropriate labeling, use directions, and other measures have been taken to ensure that use of the pesticides will not result in unreasonable adverse effects to man and the environment.
III. Conditionally Approved Registration
EPA published a notice in the Federal Register of October 20, 1999 (64 FR 56500) (FRL-6382-8), announcing that Bayer Corporation 8400 Hawthorne Rd., P.O. Box 4913, Kansas City, MO 64120, had submitted applications to conditionally register the pesticide products Flucarbazone-Sodium Technical Herbicide, Flucarbazone-Sodium 70% Water Dispersible Granular In Water Soluble Packets, and Flucarbazone-Sodium 70% Water Dispersible Granular Herbicide (EPA File Symbols 3125-LGG, 3125-LGU, and 3125-LGL), containing the active ingredient flucarbazone-sodium, 4,5-dihydro-3-methoxy-4-methyl-5-oxo-N-[[2-(trifluoromethoxy)phenyl]sulfonyl]-1 H-1,2,4-triazole-1-carboxamide, sodium salt at 95.6%, 70%, and 70% respectively, an active ingredient not included in any previously registered products. The name of the products “Flucarbazone-Sodium” was subsequently changed to “Everest” prior to registration.
The applications submitted by Bayer Corporation were conditionally approved as Everest on September 29, 2000, for one technical and two end-use products, containing the active ingredient flucarbazone-sodium, 4,5-dihydro-3-methoxy-4-methyl-5-oxo-N-[[2-(trifluoromethoxy)phenyl]sulfonyl]-1 H-1,2,4-triazole-1-carboxamide, sodium salt as listed below:
1. EPA Registration Number 3125-533). Product name: Everest Technical Herbicide. For formulation of herbicides for use on spring and winter wheat.
2. EPA Registration Number 3125-534). Product name: Everest 70% Water Dispersible Granular In Water Soluble Packets. For post emergence control of wild oat and green foxtail in spring and winter wheat.
3. EPA Registration Number 3125-535). Product name: Everest 70% Water Dispersible Granular Herbicide. For post emergence control of wild oat and green foxtail in spring and winter wheat.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Environmental protection
- Pesticides and pests
Dated: February 1, 2001.
Director, Registration Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 01-3872 Filed 2-20-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S