Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Extension of Currently Approved Collection; Foreign Agents Registration Act Form (Supplemental Registration Statement) as required by Rule 200(a) of the Act.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Criminal Division has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the procedures of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on December 1, 2000, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until March 28, 2001. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10. Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20530. Comments may also be submitted to Mr. Robert B. Briggs, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, 1331 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW., Suite 1220, Washington, DC 20530.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility.
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technical collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Foreign Agents Registration Act Form (Supplemental Registration Statement) as required by Rule 200 (a) of the Act
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form CRM-154. Criminal Division, U.S. Department of Justice
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit, Not-for-profit institutions, and individuals or households. Form contains supplemental registration and information used in registering foreign agents under 22 U.S.C. 611 et seq.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 517 respondents at 1.375 hours per response (2 responses annually).
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 1,421.75 annual burden hours.Start Signature
Dated: February 20, 2001.
Robert B. Briggs,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 01-4613 Filed 2-23-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-14-M