Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
The Tribal Pesticide Program Council (TPPC) will hold a 2-day meeting, beginning on March 8, 2001, and ending on March 9, 2001. This notice announces the location and times for the meeting and sets forth the tentative agenda topics.
The meeting will be held on March 8, 2001, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and March 9, 2001, from 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
The meeting will be held at the Embassy Suites Hotel - Crystal City (near the airport), 1300 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA. Start Printed Page 12508
Comments may be submitted by mail, electronically, or in person. Please follow the detailed instructions for each method as provided in Unit I. of the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, it is imperative that you identify docket control number OPP-00705 in the subject line on the first page of your response.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Georgia A. McDuffie, Field and External Affairs Division (7506C), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460; telephone number: (703) 605-0195; fax number: (703) 308-1850; e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Lillian Wilmore, TPPC Facilitator, P.O. Box 470829; Brookline Village, MA. 02447-0829; telephone number: (617) 232-5742 fax: (617) 277-1656; e-mail address: email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?
This action is directed to the public in general. This action may, however, be of interest to Tribes with pesticide programs or pesticide interests. Since other entities may also be interested, the Agency has not attempted to describe all the specific entities that may be affected by this action. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Additional Information, Including Copies of this Document and Other Related Documents?
1. Electronically. You may obtain electronic copies of this document, and certain other related documents that might be available electronically, from the EPA Internet Home Page at http://www.epa.gov/. To access this document, on the Home Page select “Laws and Regulations,” “Regulations and Proposed Rules,” and then look up the entry for this document under the “Federal Register—Environmental Documents.” You can also go directly to the Federal Register listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.
2. In person. The Agency has established an official record for this action under docket control number OPP-00705. The official record consists of the documents specifically referenced in this action, any public comments received during an applicable comment period, and other information related to this action, including any information claimed as Confidential Business Information (CBI). This official record includes the documents that are physically located in the docket, as well as the documents that are referenced in those documents. The public version of the official record does not include any information claimed as CBI. The public version of the official record, which includes printed, paper versions of any electronic comments submitted during an applicable comment period, is available for inspection in the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The PIRIB telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
C. How and to Whom Do I Submit Comments?
You may submit comments through the mail, in person, or electronically. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, it is imperative that you identify docket control number OPP-00705 in the subject line on the first page of your response.
1. By mail. Submit your comments to: Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Information Resources and Services Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460.
2. In person or by courier. Deliver your comments to: Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Information Resources and Services Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental Protection Agency, Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA. The PIRIB is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The PIRIB telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
3. Electronically. You may submit your comments electronically by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can submit a computer disk as described above. Do not submit any information electronically that you consider to be CBI. Avoid the use of special characters and any form of encryption. Electronic submissions will be accepted in WordPerfect 6.1/8.0 or ASCII file format. All comments in electronic form must be identified by docket control number OPP-00705. Electronic comments may also be filed online at many Federal Depository Libraries.
D. How Should I Handle CBI that I Want to Submit to the Agency?
Do not submit any information electronically that you consider to be CBI. You may claim information that you submit to EPA in response to this document as CBI by marking any part or all of that information as CBI. Information so marked will not be disclosed except in accordance with procedures set forth in 40 CFR part 2. In addition to one complete version of the comment that includes any information claimed as CBI, a copy of the comment that does not contain the information claimed as CBI must be submitted for inclusion in the public version of the official record. Information not marked confidential will be included in the public version of the official record without prior notice. If you have any questions about CBI or the procedures for claiming CBI, please consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
E. What Should I Consider as I Prepare My Comments for EPA?
You may find the following suggestions helpful for preparing your comments:
1. Explain your views as clearly as possible.
2. Describe any assumptions that you used.
3. Provide copies of any technical information and/or data you used that support your views.
4. If you estimate potential burden or costs, explain how you arrived at the estimate that you provide.
5. Provide specific examples to illustrate your concerns.
6. Offer alternative ways to improve the notice or collection activity.
7. Make sure to submit your comments by the deadline in this notice.
8. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, be sure to identify the docket control number assigned to this action in the subject line on the first page of your response. You may also provide the name, date, and Federal Register citation.
This unit outlines the tentative agenda for the March 8-9 meeting.
Day 1—Thursday, March 8, 2001
Welcome and greetings
General Session--Open to all participants
Report from the Chairman--State of the Council
Reports from Working GroupsStart Printed Page 12509
Reports from TPPC representatives to other meetings and groups
Presentation on the Tribal Science Council
Panel and Discussion on Tribal Authority and jurisdictional issues under FIFRA section 18
Presentation on the West Nile Virus
Presentation by Tribal Operations Committee and American Indian Environment Office
Presentation on pesticides and health effects
Tribal Caucus (Closed—Council members only)
Day 2—Friday, March 9, 2001
Welcome and Greetings
General session--Open to all participants
Office of Enforcement and Compliance (OECA) presentation and discussion Federal Inspector credentials
Presentation on antimicrobials
Presentation on persistent bioaccumulative toxics
Fish consumption advisories and issues
Explanation of budget process and funding opportunities
Pesticide disposal presentation
Endangered species and ground water
Report and review on pesticide contamination of NAGPRA items
Presentation and discussion on Tribal Pesticide Program
Development and community education
Circuit Rider Programs—Update
Report and review on pesticide contamination of NAGPRA itemsStart List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Environmental protection
Dated: February 15, 2001.
Acting Division Director, Field and External Affairs Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 01-4780 Filed 2-26-01 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S