Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Notice of public meeting.
There will be a 3-day meeting of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) and Food Quality Protection Act (FQPA) Scientific Advisory Panel (SAP) to review a set of issues being considered by the Agency pertaining to review of nontarget plant toxicity tests under North America Free Trade Association (NAFTA). The meeting is open to the public. Seating at the meeting will be on a first-come basis. Individuals requiring special accommodations at this meeting, including wheelchair access, should contact Paul Lewis at the address listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT at least 5 business days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The meeting will be held from June 27 to June 29 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The meeting will be held at the Sheraton Crystal City Hotel, 1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202. The telephone number for the Sheraton Crystal City Hotel is (703) 486-1111.
Requests to participate may be submitted by mail, electronically, or in person. Please follow the detailed instructions for each method as provided in Unit I. of the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, your request must identify docket control number OPP-00717 in the subject line on the first page of your response.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Paul Lewis, Designated Federal Official, Office of Science Coordination and Policy (7202), Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460; telephone number: (703) 305-5369; fax number: (703) 605-0656; e-mail address: email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?
This action is directed to the public in general. This action may, however, be of interest to persons who are or may be required to conduct testing of chemical substances under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), FIFRA and FQPA. Since other entities may also be interested, the Agency has not attempted to describe all the specific entities that may be affected by this action. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Additional Information, Including Copies of this Document and Other Related Documents?
1. Electronically. A meeting agenda is now available; EPA's primary background documents should be available by late May. In addition, the Agency may provide additional background documents as the material becomes available. You may obtain electronic copies of these documents, Start Printed Page 22553and certain other related documents that might be available electronically, from the FIFRA SAP Internet Home Page at http://www.epa.gov/scipoly/sap. To access this document on the Home Page select Federal Register notice announcing this meeting. You can also go directly to the Federal Register listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.
2. In person. The Agency has established an official record for this meeting under docket control number OPP-00717. The official record consists of the documents specifically referenced in this notice, any public comments received during an applicable comment period, and other material information, including any information claimed as Confidential Business Information (CBI). This official record includes the documents that are physically located in the docket, as well as the documents that are referenced in those documents. In addition, the Agency may provide additional background documents as the material becomes available. The public version of the official record, which includes printed, paper versions of any electronic comments that may be submitted during an applicable comment period, is available for inspection in the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The PIRIB telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
C. How Can I Request to Participate in this Meeting?
You may submit a request to participate in this meeting through the mail, in person, or electronically. Do not submit any information in your request that is considered CBI. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, it is imperative that you identify docket control number OPP-00717 in the subject line on the first page of your request. Interested persons are permitted to file written statements before the meeting. To the extent that time permits, and upon advance written request to the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT, interested persons may be permitted by the Chair of the FIFRA SAP to present oral statements at the meeting. The request should identify the name of the individual making the presentation, the organization (if any) the individual will represent, and any requirements for audiovisual equipment (e.g., overhead projector, 35 mm projector, chalkboard). There is no limit on the extent of written comments for consideration by the panel, but oral statements before the panel are limited to approximately 5 minutes. The Agency also urges the public to submit written comments in lieu of oral presentations. Persons wishing to make oral and/or written statements at the meeting should contact the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT and submit 30 copies of their presentation and/or remarks to the panel. The Agency encourages that written statements be submitted before the meeting to provide panel members the time necessary to consider and review the comments.
1. By mail. You may submit a request to: Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Information Resources and Services Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460.
2. In person or by courier. Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Information Resources and Services Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental Protection Agency, Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA. The PIRIB is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The PIRIB telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
3. Electronically. You may submit your request electronically by e-mail to: “firstname.lastname@example.org.” Do not submit any information electronically that you consider to be CBI. Use WordPerfect 6.1/8.0 or ASCII file format and avoid the use of special characters and any form of encryption. Be sure to identify by docket control number OPP-00717. You may also file a request online at many Federal Depository Libraries.
A. Purpose of the Meeting
Under the NAFTA, EPA and our Canadian counterpart, the Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA), have conducted a joint review of aquatic and terrestrial plant tests and test methods. The existing data requirements and tests do not provide the information needed to adequately characterize risks to non-target plants. As an example, the number of plant species specified in the plant test guidelines need to be increased. In addition, tests are needed to assess plant reproduction and community impacts. The purpose of this session is to review non-target plant toxicity tests under NAFTA.
B. Panel Report
The Agency anticipates that the Panel's report of their recommendations will be available approximately 60 days after the meeting. The Panel's report will be posted on the FIFRA SAP web site or may be obtained by contacting the PIRIB at the address or telephone number listed in Unit I. of this document.Start List of Subjects
List of SubjectsEnd List of Subjects Start Signature
Dated: April 26, 2001.
Sherell A. Sterling,
Acting Director, Office of Science Coordination and Policy.
[FR Doc. 01-11284 Filed 5-3-01; 8:45 a.m.]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S