This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
EPA will hold a series of small expert group (about 15 people) workshops focusing on Bt corn insect resistance management (IRM). These workshops are designed to provide EPA with information on the following general topics: Pest simulation model design and validation, resistance monitoring and field survey techniques with validation, resistance monitoring program design and resistance control strategies (refuges, seed mixtures, etc.), and remedial action plans. Information from these workshops will be used to assist the Agency in the design and evaluation of effective insect resistance management strategies for Bt corn. EPA will provide a publically-available workshop report after all four workshops have been concluded.
The first workshop will be held on June 4-5, 2001, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The second workshop will be held on July 26-27, 2001, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Requests to participate in the workshops must be received on or before May 31, 2001, for the first workshop and July 23, 2001, for the second workshop.
The workshops will be held at EPA's Conference Center, WIC 1 North, Waterside Mall, 401 M St., SW., Washington DC 20460. Space is limited.
Requests to participate may be submitted by mail, electronically, or in person. Please follow the detailed instructions for each method as provided in Unit II. of the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, your request must identify docket control number OPP-00718 in the subject line on the first page of your response.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
John Glaser, National Risk Management Research Laboratory, Environmental Protection Agency, 26 W. King Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45268; telephone number: (513) 569-7568; fax number: (513) 487-2511; e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:Start Printed Page 27117
I. General Information
A. Does This Action Apply to Me?
This action is directed to the public in general. This action may, however, be of interest to registrants and users of Bt corn under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), or the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) as well as non-users of Bt corn and the public. Since other entities may also be interested, the Agency has not attempted to describe all the specific entities that may be affected by this action. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Additional Information, Including Copies of This Document and Other Related Documents?
1. Electronically. You may obtain electronic copies of this document, and certain other related documents that might be available electronically, from the EPA Internet Home Page at http://www.epa.gov/. To access this document, on the Home Page select “Laws and Regulations,” “Regulations and Proposed Rules,” and then look up the entry for this document under the “Federal Register—Environmental Documents.” You can also go directly to the Federal Register listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.
To access information about the Office of Research and Development (ORD) workshops on Bt corn IRM, go directly to the Home Page for Biopesticides at http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/biopesticides, and select “ORDworkshops.”
2. In person. The Agency has established an administrative record for this meeting under docket control number OPP-00718. The administrative record consists of the documents specifically referenced in this notice, any public comments received during an applicable comment period, and other information related to the ORD Workshops on Bt Corn IRM, including any information claimed as Confidential Business Information (CBI). This administraive record includes the documents that are physically located in the docket, as well as the documents that are referenced in those documents. The public version of the administrative record, which includes printed, paper versions of any electronic comments that may be submitted during an applicable comment period, is available for inspection in the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The PIRIB telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
II. How Can I Request To Participate in This Meeting?
You may submit a request to participate in this meeting through the mail, in person, or electronically. Do not submit any information in your request that is considered CBI. Your request must be received by EPA on or before May 31, 2001, for the first workshop on June 4th and 5th and July 23, 2001, for the second workshop on July 26th and 27th. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, it is imperative that you identify docket control number OPP-00718 in the subject line on the first page of your request.
1. By mail. You may submit a request to: Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Information Resources and Services Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460.
2. In person or by courier. Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Information Resources and Services Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental Protection Agency, Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA. The PIRIB is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The PIRIB telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
3. Electronically. You may submit your request electronically by e-mail to: email@example.com. Do not submit any information electronically that you consider to be CBI. Use WordPerfect 6.1/8.0 or ASCII file format and avoid the use of special characters and any form of encryption. Be sure to identify by docket control number OPP-00718. You may also file a request online at many Federal Depository Libraries.
III. Focus of Workshops
The first workshop (June 4-5) will focus on pest simulation model design and validation. The second workshop (July 26-27) will focus on resistance monitoring and field survey techniques with validation. The third workshop will focus on resistance monitoring program design and resistance control strategies (refuges, seed mixture etc.). The fourth workshop will focus on remedial action plans. The third and fourth workshops will be announced later in a Federal Register notice.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Environmental protection
- Bt corn
Dated: May 3, 2001.
Janet L. Andersen,
Director, Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 01-11837 Filed 5-15-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S