This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Coast Guard, DOT.
Notice of implementation of final rule.
The Coast Guard is implementing safety zones for annual fireworks displays in the Captain of the Port Detroit Zone during June 2001. This action is necessary to provide for the safety of life and property on navigable waters during these events. These zones will restrict vessel traffic from a portion of the Captain of the Port Detroit Zone.
Effective from 12:01 a.m.(EST) on June 1, 2001 to 11:59 p.m.(EST) on June 30, 2001.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ensign Brandon Sullivan, U.S. Coast Guard Marine Safety Office Detroit, MI (313) 568-9580.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Coast Guard is implementing the permanent safety zones in 33 CFR 165.907 (published May 21, 2001, in the Federal Register, 66 FR 27868), for fireworks displays in the Captain of the Port Detroit Zone during June 2001. The following safety zones are in effect for fireworks displays occurring in the month of June 2001:
(1) Bay-Rama Fishfly Festival, New Baltimore, MI. Location: All waters off New Baltimore City Park, Lake St. Clair-Anchor Bay bounded by the arc of a circle with a 300-yard radius with its center located at approximate position 42° 41′N, 082° 44′W, June 13, 2001, from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m.
(2) Jefferson Beach Marina Fireworks, St. Clair Shores, MI. Location: All waters of Lake St. Clair within a 300-yard radius of the fireworks barge in approximate position 42° 32′N, 082° Start Printed Page 2990851′W, about 1000 yards east of Jefferson Beach Marina on June 28, 2001, from 9:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
(3) St. Clair Shores Fireworks, St. Clair Shores, MI. Location: All waters of Lake St. Clair within a 300-yard radius of the fireworks barge in approximate position 42° 32′N, 082° 51′W, about 1000 yards east of Veterans Memorial Park (off Masonic Rd.), St. Clair Shores, MI on June 29, 2001, from 10 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
(4) City of Wyandotte Fireworks, Wyandotte, MI. Location: The waters off the breakwall between Oak & Van Alstyne St., Detroit River bounded by the arc of a circle with a 300-yard radius with its center in approximate position 42° 12′N, 083° 09′W on June 29, 2001 from 9:15 p.m. to 10:15 p.m.
(5) Grosse Pointe Farms Fireworks, Grosse Pointe Farms, MI. Location: All waters of Lake St. Clair within a 300-yard radius of the fireworks barge in approximate position 42° 23′N, 082° 52′W, about 300 yards east of Grosse Pointe Farms on June 30, 2001 from 9:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
(6) Grosse Ile Yacht Club Fireworks, Grosse Ile, MI. Location: The waters off the Grosse Ile Yacht Club deck, Detroit River bounded by the arc of a circle with a 300-yard radius with its center approximately located at 42° 05′N, 083° 09′W on June 30, 2001 from 9:45 p.m. to 10:45 p.m.
(7) Sigma Gamma Assoc., Grosse Pointe Farms, MI. Location: The waters off Ford's Cove, Lake St. Clair bounded by the arc of a circle with a 300-yard radius with its center in approximate position 42° 27′N, 082° 52′W on June 25, 2001 from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.
In order to ensure the safety of spectators and transiting vessels, these safety zones will be in effect for the duration of the events. Vessels may not enter the safety zones without permission from Captain of the Port Detroit. If you would like permission, contact the person listed in FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT. Spectator vessels may anchor outside the safety zones but are cautioned not to block a navigable channel.Start Signature
Dated: May 25, 2001.
Commander, U.S. Coast Guard, Captain of the Port Detroit.
[FR Doc. 01-14091 Filed 6-1-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-15-P