The Information Systems Technical Advisory Committee (ISTAC) will meet on July 25 & 26, 2001, 9 a.m., in the Herbert C. Hoover Building, Room 3884, 14th Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Constitution Avenue, NW., Washington, DC. The ISTAC advises the Office of the Assistance Secretary for Export Administration on technical questions that affect the level of export controls applicable to information systems equipment and technology.
1. Opening remarks and introductions.
2. Comments or presentations from the public.
3. Discussion on clean-up proposals for Category 3B (Electronics: test, inspection, and production equipment).
4. Discussion on advancing computer performance with architectural designs and resources management techniques.
5. Election of Committee officers.
6. Discussion of matters properly classified under Executive Order 12958, dealing with U.S. export control programs and strategic criteria related thereto.
7. Discussion on clusters and aggregation of computing elements and export controls.
8. Tutorial on NUMA technology and classification of products based on NUMA.
9. Discussion of matters properly classified under Executive Order 12958, dealing with U.S. export control programs and strategic criteria related thereto.
A limited number of seats will be available for the public session. Reservations are not accepted. To the extent time permits, members of the public may present oral statements to the ISTAC. The public may submit written statements at any time before or after the meeting. However, to facilitate distribution of public presentation materials to Committee members, the ISTAC suggests that public presentation materials or comments be forwarded before the meeting to the address listed below: Ms. Lee Ann Carpenter, OSIES/EA/BXA MS: 3876, U.S. Department of Commerce, 14th St., & Constitution Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20230.
The Assistant Secretary for Administration, with the concurrence of the delegate of the General Counsel, formally determined on September 10, 1999, pursuant to section 10(d) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended, that the series of meetings or portions of meetings of this Committee and of any Subcommittees of thereof dealing with the classified materials listed in 5 U.S.C. 552(c)(1) shall be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in section 10(a)(1) and (a)(3) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act. The remaining series of meetings or portions thereof will be open to the public.
A copy of the Notice of Determination to close meetings or portions of meetings of this Committee is available for public inspection and copying in the Central Reference and Records Inspection Facility, Room 6020, U.S. Department of Commerce, Washington, DC. For more information or copies of the minutes call Lee Ann Carpenter, 202-482-2583.Start Signature
Dated: June 25, 2001.
Lee Ann Carpenter,
Committee Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. 01-16369 Filed 1-28-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-JT-M