Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Notice of public meeting.
EPA will hold the third and fourth workshops in a series focusing on Bt corn insect resistance management (IRM). Workshops will involve small expert groups (about 15 people). These four workshops are designed to provide EPA with information on the following general topics: (1) Pest simulation model design and validation, (2) resistance monitoring and detection design and validation, (3) insect resistance management strategies and refuge validation, and (4) remedial action strategies. Information from these workshops will be used to assist the Agency in the design and evaluation of effective insect resistance management strategies for Bt corn. EPA will provide a publically-available workshop report after all four workshops have been concluded.
The third workshop on insect resistance management strategies and refuge validation will be held on September 10-11, 2001, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The fourth workshop will focus on remedial action strategies and will be held October 29-30, 2001, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Requests for participation in the meeting must be received on or before September 4, 2001, for the third workshop on September 10-11, 2001, and October 22, 2001, for the fourth workshop on October 29-30, 2001.
The meeting will be held at EPA, Crystal Station, Room A, 2800 Crystal Drive, Arlington, VA 22202. Space is limited. Requests to participate may be submitted by mail, electronically, or in person. Please follow the detailed instructions for each method as provided in Unit III. of the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, your request must identify docket control number OPP-00734 in the subject line on the first page of your response.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
John Glaser; National Risk Management Research Laboratory, Environmental Protection Agency, 26 W. King Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45268; telephone number: (513) 569-7568; fax number: (513) 487-2511; e-mail address: email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. Does this Action Apply to Me?
This action is directed to the public in general. This action may, however, be of interest to: Registrants and users of Bt corn under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), or the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) as well as non-users of Bt corn and the public. Since other entities may also be interested, the Agency has not attempted to describe all the specific entities that may be affected by this action. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person Start Printed Page 45986listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
II. How Can I Get Additional Information, Including Copies of this Document and Other Related Documents?
1. Electronically. You may obtain electronic copies of this document, and certain other related documents that might be available electronically, from the EPA Internet Home Page at http://www.epa.gov/. To access this document, on the Home Page select “Laws and Regulations,” “Regulations and Proposed Rules,” and then look up the entry for this document under the Federal Register-Environmental Documents. You can also go directly to the Federal Register listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.
To access information about the Office of Research and Development workshops on Bt corn IRM, go directly to the Home Page for Biopesticides at: http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/biopesticides, and select “ORDworkshops.”
2. In person. The Agency has established an administrative record for this meeting under docket control number OPP-00734. The administrative record consists of the documents specifically referenced in this notice, any public comments received during an applicable comment period, and other information related to the ORD Workshops on Bt Corn IRM, including any information claimed as Confidential Business Information (CBI). This administraive record includes the documents that are physically located in the docket, as well as the documents that are referenced in those documents. The public version of the administrative record, which includes printed, paper versions of any electronic comments that may be submitted during an applicable comment period, is available for inspection in the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The PIRIB telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
III. How Can I Request to Participate in this Meeting?
You may submit a request to participate in this meeting through the mail, in person, or electronically. Do not submit any information in your request that is considered CBI. Your request must be received by EPA on or before September 4, 2001, for the third workshop on September 10th and 11th and October 22, 2001, for the fourth workshop on October 29th and 30th. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, it is imperative that you identify docket control number OPP-00734, in the subject line on the first page of your request.
1. By mail. You may submit a request to: Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Information Resources and Services Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460.
2. In person or by courier. Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Information Resources and Services Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental Protection Agency, Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA. The PIRIB is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The PIRIB telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
3. Electronically. You may submit your request electronically by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not submit any information electronically that you consider to be CBI. Use WordPerfect 6.1/8.0 or ASCII file format and avoid the use of special characters and any form of encryption. Be sure to identify by docket control number OPP-00734. You may also file a request online at many Federal Depository Libraries.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Environmental protection
- Bt corn
Dated: August 17, 2001.
Janet L. Andersen,
Director, Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 01-22023 Filed 8-30-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S