60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: New Collection; Applicant Qualification Form.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Justice Management Division (JMD) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until November 5, 2001. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Joanne Simms, Director, JMD Personnel Staff, Suite 1110, 1331 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20350.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: New Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Applicant Qualification Form.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: N/A. Personnel, Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Applicants for employment with certain DOJ components who do not have access to the Internet. Other: None Abstract: This Start Printed Page 46653form would allow applicants for employment with the Department of Justice who do not have access to the Internet to provide the required personal and experience information and job specific criteria in a format that can be scanned into the electronic recruitment module that automatically rates and ranks applicants.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 1000 responses are estimated annually with an average of thirty minutes per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 500 hours annually.
If additional information is required contact: Robert B. Briggs, Department Clearance Officer, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, United States Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20004.Start Signature
Dated: August 28, 2001.
Robert B. Briggs,
Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 01-22310 Filed 9-5-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-AR-M